Chaper One | Prelude [Edited/Revised]

I stood immobile, gazing at the glass monstrosity that towered in the sky, also known as Grey House

I stood immobile, gazing at the glass monstrosity that towered in the sky, also known as Grey House. Home of the infamous Christian and Theodore Grey. In the last decade the duo has dominated the manufacturing field for as long as I could remember.

Not that I cared. Really, I wasn't one of Theodore Grey's followers. But my cousin was, and she's the reason I'm standing out front of one of the largest buildings I've ever seen.

Who in their right mind would work there? The outside alone, is beyond intimidating. Secretly, I have imagined what it was like inside for months now.

Three months ago my younger cousin, Amelia, had gotten an internship there

Three months ago my younger cousin, Amelia, had gotten an internship there. So everything I've heard about the place is hearsay. And I believe my cousin may be biased. She seems to have an unnatural crush on one Theodore Grey, the son of the reigning CEO and owner Christian Grey.

Can't say that I blame her. Theodore Grey is a fine specimen of man, technically the entire Grey family has abnormally good looks. But that's another thing I'd never tell a soul. I'm sure he has more than enough crazed attention to deal with.

Poor guy. I can't imagine what it's like. Who would you know was real and who isn't? I mean money runs everything doesn't it? And that family has enough to last lifetimes.

But maybe that's just an opinion of a poor person. And I definitely know the definition of poor, more than I care to admit. But I'm doing good now. Better than good actually. I was just hired to write as a columnist at Vapor Magazine. It's not glamorous or anything. But it pays the bills. I'm their lowly how-to-girl.

For now.

I have big plans. Huge. And if I follow it, I can hopefully become an established writer. Then I can write about anything. Things that actually have substance, and can make an impact on the world. Not these droll, humdrum subjects, like 'how to turn your boyfriend into your husband' or 'what to wear when meeting his parents'.

Even though, I may write those kinds of articles I don't have to agree with what's in them. I admit as a writer I should believe in what I publish but I don't print anything that would hurt anyone, not intentionally. And how-to-girl, doesn't need a magic wand to spread the joy.