Chapter Ten | Café Hero

It's Saturday

It's Saturday. And I wake up to find rain pouring outside my window, matching my mood. Dreary and depressing.

It's been a week since I've heard anything from Theo. And I get the feeling that Phoebe has been dodging my calls. If she answers at all she's either at work or on a date. I don't believe it, the tone of her voice and her cryptic messages are telling.

Maybe he's finally told her about me. Maybe they've decided that I'm trouble. Or that I'm not sincere enough. Or that I'm not good enough.

I've got no ulterior motives. But if Mr. Grey has anything to do with it, I know I'd be outed as a gold digger. It's inevitable. I couldn't blame them. But then again they shouldn't judge anyone before getting to know them.

That's laughable. The entire world is judgmental. Including me. I judged Sophie. But I have good reason. Right?

God. I sound like a broken record. I want to know this man, more than words can say. I've decided to let my heart breathe again. Is Theo the right guy for it? I've so many reservations. I can't keep my head on straight.

And I have a craving for sugar. A definite sign that my period is coming. I hate being a woman sometimes. I think that's our lot in life. Men have it so easy. No periods. No birthing children. No hormonal changes. No bras!

Phoebe told me about a nice café that serves the best lattes around Seattle. Good thing it's only a few blocks from my apartment.

I dress in my most comfortable blue sweat pants and black t-shirt that says Georgia born. I slip on my Converse, grab my purse and umbrella. And head out into the cold rain.

The rain pours down heavily around me as I walk to the café

The rain pours down heavily around me as I walk to the café. It's cool and crisp, like Theodores' demeanor. He possesses every bit of my thoughts. How can this man who I've known such a short time completely dominate my life?

I'm beyond confused.

I head into the café that is bustling with customers and order a skinny latte and muffin. I find a empty booth by the window and sit watching the rain fall around the notable couples running and laughing as they get wet. Holding hands and huddling together under their umbrellas.