Chapter Eleven| One and Done

After a few hours of scoping out Jared on google, I came up with nothing

After a few hours of scoping out Jared on google, I came up with nothing. My gut is firing signals to my brain that aren't listening.

It's saying Jared is bad news. But is he really? I mean the man jumped in front of hot coffee for me. He could have gotten burned or worse. It ruined his suit, and which he may have walked around like that all day.

Throwing caution to the wind, I set out trying to find the perfect red dress. I have no one that'll want to help me and I can't call Phoebe knowing that Jared is her brothers rival.

I visit three shops before I find the perfect one. The vibrant red reflects the hints of red I have in my hair. It has a satin fabric that hugs the chest, waist and hips then flairs out at the bottom.

There's also a split up the left side showing a bit of my leg. Note to self to shave my legs. The top has beads and diamond shaped crystals that trail along my breasts and shoulders.

It fits what curves I have in all the right places. For once I think it's perfect for me.

(I love this dress

(I love this dress. Wish I could pull something like this off.)

I'm stunned that I actually agree with the sales woman. But that was before I took a look at the price tag. Who can pay for a seven thousand dollar dress?

It's back to square one. Damn.

Taking one last look in the mirror, I begrudgingly take the dress off. I slowly dress in my own clothes that seem too common after putting on that dress.

I wave goodbye to the sales lady an bristly sway into the crowd of pedestrians. Walking only a block and half a block from the store. I hear my name being called repeatedly.

"Miss Hawthorne."

I recognize the voice of the sales woman from Macduggals. I stop and turn to see her rushing toward me with my dress on her arm.

She takes a long deep breath, "You forgot your dress."

I give her a confused look, "But I didn't buy the dress."