Chapter Fourteen | Surrendered

FYI: Sexual Content Ahead.

The feeling in my gut makes me wonder if I should turn around and go back home. I'm in the elevator, on my way to see Theo.

I'm scared. I have no idea what I'm suppose to tell the man that has somehow made me fall for him. I can't keep letting this go on. He deserves so much better.

I've already decided to be up front and tell him everything. That included Jared. His family needs to know what kind of man he is. Even though I have little to no information to go on.

I may not know his endgame but I know it's not something good. It doesn't matter if he ends up hating me. The only that matters is that he stops whatever is going on with his sister and Eubanks.

Phoebe deserves a guy who will appreciate her kindness, not abuse it. Someone who's not a money grabber. Which I'm not certain that he is, seeing that his family already has money.

Shaking my head, I cross the threshold of the elevator and head toward that heartache waiting to happen. Whatever happens, I know I'm doing the right thing.

I ring the doorbell.

The door opens and I see Theo, looking upset. I'm taken back wondering if he somehow already knew that I was coming here to tell him to stay away.

"Cora." He says and gestures for me to come in.

I'm only a few feet inside the apartment when I notice Sophie sitting on the couch, her face red as a tomato. I look between her and Theo. Did I just walk into something?

"Sophie. Hi. It's good to see you."

She smiles slightly, "Hey, yourself. Theodore, I'm going to go. Call me later."

He doesn't bother walking her to the door or says goodbye. That's not like him. He seems a little moody. I walk to him and place my hands on his shoulders.

"You okay?"

He doesn't reply, just grabs my hands and walks me to the couch. They have a mind of their own tonight. He runs them up and down my arms, then my ribs.

"Cora." He whispers huskily into my ear.

His voice sends goosebumps all over my body. Down girl. Not tonight. It would be so wrong of me to sleep with Theo for the first time and then never speak to him again.

"I need you."

Three simple words have undone me. I don't know if it's the sexual tension we've had for weeks or because the man is just too damn sexy for his own good. My constitution dissolves instantly.

He's kissing along my neck, it feels natural to tilt my head back and let him mark me. My hands find his hair, it's so soft. He's making this harder than it should be.

His hand is on the back of my neck pulling me to look at him. Those damnable eyes of his are entrancing. I want him. God do I want this man.

"Let me make love you. I want to worship your body, till you can't take it anymore."

His voice is gravely and it makes my nipples hard points, he notices. "See what I do to you? Give into me."