Chapter Six | Week Two [Slightly revised]

Call me crazy but I've always thought family should be there for you in times of need but I guess that doesn't always apply especially when they are secretly jealous of you

Calling Amelia was probably the worst idea I've ever had.

She stuttered angrily throughout the whole conversation, the result ending in a lame excuse of having to work. Though, I know for a fact that she always has the same day off each week.

I could always ask Theodore himself. He would have first hand knowledge in how interns actually work at Grey House.

I want to feel remorse for my cousins feelings but somehow they evade me all together. Amelia has always gotten her way. Spoilt to the core, just like her mother. Uncle Todd had other ideas as to how she should be raised. But he always let Carmella overrule his authority.

So, I'm left to my own disadvantage because it's been two years since I've been on a proper date. Is this even a proper date to begin with? And how the hell does this man know where I live? I've never told him. Though I guess if you have enough money, you can buy the information.

Theodore Grey has all the money one could ever want or need, as then some.

Kings of the world. Their world. Father and son, ruling one empire and buying out other smaller ones to make theirs greater.

That's how I could sum up Christian and Theodore Grey.

The way he dismissed me hit a nerve. So I did a little snooping online about the construction of Grey Enterprises. I found some interesting facts. The names: Adam and Jared Eubanks was blaring so loud in several articles. Much like Christian and Theodore,

Adam and Jared are a father and son duo, who were taking the East coast by storm with Eubanks Corporation, an environmental company dead set on "saving the world" through eco friendly products of everything imaginable.

Though their main attraction was made through a certain farmer who incidentally had made up his own "new" soil by using only organic materials.

They were as attractive as the Grey's. Isn't that always the way? Was it karma's doing? Some fundamental source that gave rich people the deeds to be born with good looks.

My doorbell rings and my pulse races. I glance at the clock to see its 8pm on the dot. He's punctual, I will give him that. One last glance in the mirror, I straighten my caramel colored pencil skirt and cream top. Thank god I chose to buy them on a whim a few months ago when I had the extra cash and never got to truly wear them. I decided to leave my black hair in its natural state, long and straight.

I open the door to meet with the same electric blue eyes that search my own coffee colored ones a few hours ago. I get chills as he rakes those eyes from my head to my toes.