Chapter Two | First Encounter [Revised/Edited]

Jesus, what am I, a thirteen year old? In my haste to escape his fiery gaze, I nearly fell at his feet

Jesus, what am I, a thirteen year old? In my haste to escape his fiery gaze, I nearly fell at his feet. Damn Amelia. This was all her fault. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her stupid, crazy obsession. And I wouldn't have looked like a idiot, stumbling over my two left feet.

I paced myself all the way to the bathroom. I hit the stall, feeling queasy as I hover over the toilet until my heartbeat slowed, I felt sweat dripping from every crevice I had.

Why was I so embarrassed? It's not like I was the one saying that I all but loved him. But I did say enough. Things I had no right saying. But they were the truth. And the way he looked at me, one couldn't help but notice the hatred that mared his features.

Those blue globes had blazed fire. He obviously overheard our conversation. I'm stunned to see that his eyes were as beautiful as the magazines had claimed. Julia and Amelia thought I'd never read anything about the Grey's, but that wasn't true.

I had a mild interest in them. That's a fact I'd never tell anyone. I know I won't be able to go back and sit down knowing he's sitting just a mere few feet away, listening to our every word.

I should send her a quick text let her know who's sitting directly behind us. No. That's probably not a good idea, she might get the courage to go talk to them. I'm sure as hell not going to. Theodore Grey doesn't look like he'd appreciate a bunch of crazed fans fawning over him while he's obviously trying to have a little downtime. And I don't want him thinking that I'm one of them.

But then again, how much downtime can you possibly have when your face is all over the press? My phone vibrates in my bag.

It's Amelia asking if I'm okay. And if I need help. She's trying to be funny, but my good mood has diminished. I suck it up and finish my business then head back out. The queasiness has settled some. I wash my hands quick and step out into the hallway, luckily no one is waiting.

As I round the corner, heading back to our booth I catch sight of Theodore heading my way. The queasiness in my stomach has made it's way back up my chest. I panic, making a three sixty, spotting a door to my left, I make a beeline for it and dive inside.

Luck is on my side, when I find it's unlocked. I head into the darkness of the room, only leaving the door open a inch so I can peep out to see when the coast is clear. I get my phone out and turn on the flashlight. I'm in a utility room filled with cleaning supplies.

I hear footsteps and know it's probably Grey. I throw my phone into my bag and press my ear to the opening of the door.

It is Theodore.

His voice is deeper than I had imagined. The richness of the baritone was smooth. I see why women make fools of themselves when he's around.