Chapter 13

Ashley's POV

I woke up, some where unfamiliar, light surrounding me and Drake sitting in the chair passed out.

I don't know what's going on. I'm barely able to open my eyes I'm so weak, let alone trying to talk.

Eventually I'm able to sit up and notice I'm in the hospital. I don't understand why. I'm sure Drake or a nurse will explain, I just wish I could talk. I don't know why, but it seems like nothing will come out.

Drake, probably hearing me siting up in the bed, wakes up and jumps up as soon as he sees I'm awake.

"Ash, baby, your awake! I was worried about you baby!" Drake said kissing my cheek. I opened my mouth to talk, yet again, nothing will come out. This is really starting to make me mad.

"Don't talk baby. It's okay"

I barely am able to smile but I did. I smiled at him as he watched me intently.

The nurse came in soon after I woke up and told me everything. Turns out I was drugged. When I got up to go tell those kids to stop, somebody slipped something in my drink.

Whatever it was, is very strong, and she doesn't know when I'll be able to talk. She said it should be a few days before I'm feeling okay again.

Drake promised to stay with me the whole time, but I shook my head no. He doesn't need to stay in the hospital with me the entire time. I know it must suck just sitting there doing nothing but waiting, but I can't really say that to him.

Not long after I woke up, I started feeling tired again. The nurse said this would happen, the medicine they put me on is going to do this.

I wonder who would stoop so low to drug me. The nurse said I'm lucky to be alive with how much they put in my drink.

I slowly drifted into sleep, listening to Drake talk to the nurse.

**

I woke up to an empty room, no Drake, no nurses, nothing. Drake probably got bored since all I've been doing is sleeping.

I'm able to move a bit now, so I reached over and grabbed the remote and found an old movie on tv. It took a lot just to move that much, I don't think it'll be a few days for me to be feeling okay again if I can barely move.

Drake came back while I was watching tv, and he had a card and a chalk board.

"I figured when you can start moving better, if you still can't talk, you can write whatever you have to say" Drake said and kissed my forehead. He's so sweet to me.

I wish I could move and that everything was fine, I'd kiss him all over. He's the greatest.

I slid myself over, barely, and tried my best to pat the side beside me for Drake to lay beside me.

"I don't want to hurt you baby"

I stuck my bottom lip out and he just smiled. He stood up and very carefully and easily got into the bed with me.

Gosh, I wish I could kiss him so bad. He puts his arm around me and I do my best to snuggle my head into his chest. He plays with my hair for a long time until I end up falling asleep.

I hope I'm out of this hospital soon.