On the Way to the Movies

Finally the school week was over. Juliet was so glad. She couldn't wait to see one of her favorite books become a movie with her friends. As she got home she got a text.

Still need a ride to the movies?

Yeah is that still okay?

Yeah it's fine but I'm also picking up the guys. Just a warning.

Including Romeo?

Yeah...

What about your sister?

What about her?

Is she coming?

Yeah... Why?

How full is your car going to be?

Well, there will be you, me, Teagan, Anthony, Eric, and Romeo... I think we'll have room.

Your car only seats five... And what about Mark?

Mark doesn't need a ride. He lives super close to the theater. We might have to squeeze but I'm sure we'll fit. Jules, relax. Everything will be fine.

I know...

You worry too much. :)

I know. I know. :) See ya later, Ivy.

I'll be there at 7:20 to pick you up. Bye, Jules.

Julie waited until seven to start getting ready. She grabbed a lime green beanie, put her blond hair into a low ponytail, and grabbed a black jacket mimicking what one of the main characters wore. She grabbed her money and waited for Ivy to arrive.

Juliet saw a green Subaru pull into the driveway. She immediately recognized Ivy's car and the two redheads in the front two seats and got in.

"Hey, Julie!" Teagan, Ivy's younger sister said. She and Ivy were two years apart but they looked extremely similar. Both had red locks, green eyes, and freckles.

"Hey, Teagan." Julie smiled as she hopped into the backseat. Eric was next to her. He smiled but didn't say anything.

"So, Julie, you dressed up to watch the movie?" Ivy laughed as she pulled out of the driveway. "Or is it just a coincidence that you dressed up exactly like Luna?"

Julie smiled faintly. "It's no coincidence but her outfit is so simple that you could dress up like her for Halloween and no one would tell you were wearing a costume."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Next stop: Anthony's."

It wasn't long before they stopped at the first house on Arden Avenue. It was blue and there was a familiar boy waiting outside. It was Anthony. Eric slid over to the middle and Anthony hopped in.

There were three spots in the back and only two in the front. Julie had no clue how everyone was going to fit comfortably. They would just have to squeeze in tightly, she guessed.

"Ivy, how is everyone going to fit back here?" Eric asked curiously. He had apparently been thinking the same thing Juliet had.

"Oh you'll manage." Then Ivy smirked. "Julie could sit on Romeo's lap-"

"Ivy!" Julie's face turned red.

"Or he could sit on your lap, Julie."

Julie glared at the driver, not that Ivy could see her glare. She was focused on the road.

"I'm just kidding, but you guys are going to have to squeeze in. Two people are probably going to have to share a seat."

Julie groaned and wished that Ivy had a bigger car just as they pulled into another driveway. It was 154 Arden Avenue. So Romeo did get his old house back. They saw a teenage boy open the front door after saying goodbye to his uncle. He waved at them and opened the door on Julie's side.

"Oh... Ivy, I don't think there's enough room." Romeo told the driver.

"Just squeeze in. It'll be fine." Ivy told him rolling her eyes. Romeo shrugged and got in. It was very cramped in the backseat.

Julie was closer than she would have preferred to Romeo. This was too close. Then again she was too close to Eric too. She was stuck between two teenage boys. Just great...

"So... English class was interesting today don't you think, Romeo and Juliet?" Eric teased. Julie glared at him, her face still red from earlier. Romeo just rolled his eyes.

Teagan raised an eyebrow and turned to her sister. "Am I missing something? What happened in English?"

"Eric's just being immature. It's nothing to important." Anthony answered. Teagan shrugged and didn't ask any more questions.

"I beg to differ." Romeo stated with a cocky grin on his face. "It was very important to Juliet and I." He slung his arm over her shoulder. She glared at him. "Some day we'll tell our kids the ironic and sweet story of when we read Romeo and Juliet in English class."

Julie snorted. "Yeah like that's going to happen."

"Hey, Julie," Teagan smirked. "How come Romeo's got his arm around you?" She asked, knowing by this point Julie had no interest in the flirty brunette.

"Cameron, remove your arm before I shove it up a place that doesn't see sunlight." Julie didn't look at Romeo when she said it. He quickly removed his arm.

"You're doing it again." Romeo stated. He smiled at her.

"Doing what?" Julie's eyes narrowed.

"Being hostile towards me, babe." Romeo's smile turned into a smirk. Julie glared and rolled her eyes.

"Hey, Romeo and Juliet, did you guys forget there are other people in the car?" Anthony asked. Julie was about to reply when Eric spoke up.

"Ivy, slow down! You're doing sixty when the speed limit is forty-five."

Ivy slowed down. "Whatever, Dr. Buzzkill."

"Hey, I don't want to get pulled over." Eric told her.

"Yeah, yeah." Ivy rolled her eyes.

"It looks like we're here, guys." Teagan piped up as they pulled into the parking lot of Globe Cinema.