She Likes You

"So I saw you and Julie were sitting by each other on the bus today." Anthony said slyly to his best friend as the got off the bus.

"Yeah so?" Romeo asked.

"Dude, she's totally into you!" Anthony exclaimed. Romeo shot him a confused look.

"Where did you get that idea?"

"She blushed as soon as she saw you, she lingered while looking at you, she even hugged you! She's probably been avoiding you because she hates the fact that she wanted to kiss you on Saturday!" Anthony told his friend. Romeo shook his head.

"That doesn't mean anything."

"It absolutely does. I think you're getting lucky." Anthony told him. Romeo raised an eyebrow and couldn't help but smirk. "That's not what I meant and you know it." Romeo laughed at his friend's words. Anthony rolled his eyes. "I meant I think you're luck is about to change with her. I think she likes you."

"You're delusional, dude."

"Why? Because I'm not blind to see that she has the hots for you? It's so obvious." Anthony flung open the door to his house and Romeo followed him inside.

"You're probably just exaggerating what you saw." Romeo said as he closed the door.

"Want some nachos?" Anthony asked, off topic, as they entered his kitchen.

"Sure,"

"And no I know what I saw. She's into you." Anthony said with his back to his best friend as he got chips out.

"If you right, which is like a small chance, it's not like it makes a difference." Romeo leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Doesn't make a difference? Are you nuts? Haven't you been crushing on this girl since second grade? Her liking you back makes a huge difference! Did you hit your head or something, dude?" Anthony asked.

Romeo shook his injury free head. "I'm fine. It's just... Even if she does like me, do you ever think she'll actually admit it? She's stubborn and I think... I think she has some problems she needs to work out before she can ever date anyone."

"Are you calling her mental?" Anthony asked, teasing.

"Not that kind of problems. She has some trust issues, I think, and she can't just brush stuff like that aside. She needs to work through those problems and until she does I'm only making things worse for her." Romeo sighed. Man, she was in his head.

"What are you saying?" Anthony questioned, sounding surprisingly serious.

"I think I need to stop pursuing her." Romeo relaxed. Anthony was shocked. This wasn't the Romeo he knew. The Romeo he knew didn't give up, especially not like this. He had changed, she had changed him.

"You're in love with this girl, aren't you?"

Romeo blushed. "What? Where would you get that idea from?"

"You don't want to push her, you always are nice to her, you've stopped using cheesy pickup lines, you had a crush on her for years, do I need to go on?" Anthony stated crossing his arms. "I already know you like her. I just think it's become more than just a crush. I think you're in love." Romeo didn't answer him.

Anthony shrugged, leaning back. "If it helps the original Romeo fell in love with Juliet in only a couple minutes, so it's not like your rushing into this too much."

"Love isn't for Juniors in high school. It's for-"

"Everyone can fall in love. Age is but a number." Anthony smirked. Romeo mirrored this facial expression.

"Actually it's a word." He said smiling.

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Whatever, you know what I was saying. I think you're in love with her." Anthony smiled in an immature way. The oven started beeping.

"Pfft, I am not. I just like her, okay?" Romeo pointed to the oven when Anthony didn't do anything. "Aren't you going to get those?"

"Oh right!" Anthony pulled the nachos out of the oven.

"Anthony, how often do you burn nachos?" Romeo asked.

"Too often. Hey wait, you're trying to change the subject!" Anthony accused his best friend. Romeo laughed. "Whatever, point is I think she likes you and I'm pretty sure you've fallen in love with her."

"Well, I think you're wrong. Hopefully you're more correct when it comes to the homework." Romeo said.

"Oh crap! Yeah, we should probably start that shouldn't we?" Anthony stated. His best friend nodded. Reluctantly the two got out their homework as the chomped on nachos that Romeo had saved from Anthony burning.