Chapter 18

"Didn't you hear me? I said I love you," Kai said.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

Those words kept echoing in your head.

" Would you go out with me? " He asked you.

You just kept quiet. It was all too sudden.

"Are you rejecting me? " he asked again, now with a frown on his face.

"No, I'm not, " You stuttered.

"Then are you saying yes? " he askes again.

"No, " you replied still in a daze.

"Do you reply everything with no? " Kai askes chuckling.

"No I don't, " You replied.

"Aish, kyeopta, " Kai said, pinching your cheeks.

Both of your got down of the ferris wheel and went to buy some snacks for dinner. Kai bought two cotton candy sticks with bottles of coke. Your mind was still unsure what had happened.

Did he just confessed to me? Am I dreaming?

"Maybe it was not a good time to ask you this question. I'll ask you again when you're ready, " Kai suddenly told you which knocked you out from your daydreaming.

That night he drive back to your house was quiet. Both of you were too awkward to say anything to each other.

"I hope you really consider me Jaeyeon. I've been waiting for 3 years, " Kai suddenly said.

Three years? That was so long ago.

Reaching your house, he opened the door for you and told you something that kept you up all night.

I'll be waiting for you Jaeyeon. No matter what I won't give up on you.

You woke up the next morning with no sleep. He really did kept you up all night. After refreshing yourself, you went down to pour yourself a glass of milk. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"Coming! " You said, running towards the door with the milk on your hand.

When you opened the door, Kai stood there with his hands in his pocket. He looked at you from head to toe.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Ready for what?" You said.

"For school of course! And I don't think you're ready, " he said, " just one more thing you need to fix. "

"What is it? " You asked looking at yourself from head to toe. You didn't seem to find anything unusual.

As you tilted your head up. A soft pair of lips kissed you. It lasted for a few seconds but it felt like hours. He finally ended the kiss.

"You had a milk stain on your upper lip. I thought I might remove it for you," Kai said smirking.

You stood there and shook your head to regain your senses. He opened the door of his car and let you in.

Class ended and you walked your way to the canteen with Mina.

"So how was it? " Mina asked you chewing on her spaghetti.

"How was what? "

"Kissing Kai," Mina said.

You almost choked on your drink.