Chapter 15

*Matthew's POV*

I wake up with a dead arm from Emily's head resting on it the whole night. I kiss her forehead as she sleeps soundly. I remove my arm from under her head and place her head on the pillow carefully. I walk up to the front of the van, scooting past Jasmine and Harry's bed. Charlotte and Quinn are already awake so I ask them if it's ok if we get going.

I'm starting really early so we can get a move on. Before we leave Phoenix I go into a supermarket and buy some plastic bowls, a smallish carton of milk and a box of cereal so if anyone wants brekkie they can have some. We get back on the main road and are in the desert in no time. Driving these roads are a bit of a tedious and boring task. To keep my spirits up I turn the radio on just quietly and listen to the songs that are on. I mouth some of the words to a couple of songs and nod my head around. I have to do something to keep myself from sleeping after all.

"Are you and Emily gonna take your relationship further like Jarry or are you going to take it slow and steady?" Charlotte asked.

I was slightly startled by her question. I could feel my cheeks heat up a little but I kept my cool.

"Well slow and steady wins the race, right," I reason.

"Fair point. I'm glad you guys are taking this seriously. It's not like the person you will spend the rest of your life with will just turn up as soon as you guys break up."

"What do you mean 'as soon as we break up'?" I asked.

Charlotte's cheeks went bright red and she quickly saved herself. "I meant if you guys break up," she exclaimed, exaggerating the if.

"Well I'm glad you don't think our relationship is a lost cause."

"Of course I wouldn't. Even though I hardly know you guys I love you to death!"

"And I love you to Charlotte," I smiled.

I'm so happy that I have met all these amazing and friendly people that take interest in others lives. A lot of my friends probably wouldn't really care if I did something extraordinary unless I banged someone. People have become really shallow these days. I'm glad there are still some people afloat. And luckily those people are my friends.

"I'm honestly jealous of your relationship," Chloe confessed, "I know it sounds sketchy but it's like a fairy tale. The prince and the princess meet in the most unrealistic way, then they instantly fall in love and live together happily ever after. The End."

"Oh so you're jealous that I'm going out with Emily," I tease.

"No no no. No way. I'm just jealous that you're relationship is so perfect, so easily in love, so perfectly together and it's so sweet. My experience in relationships consists of a lot of crash and burns."

"Well you'll find the perfect person eventually I can guarantee you that."

"I guess so. But for now the spot light is on you two, as it should be. Don't get me wrong Jarry is cute but they are going so fast the lighting guys can't keep up."

I gave Charlotte a high five for the joke. It was a bit dry but it was funny.

"But you guys have more chemistry and I can only see the tip of the iceberg." Charlotte said.

"And what does the tip of the iceberg tell you Charlotte?" I asked.

"It tells me that you guys don't just really like each other, but you love each other. Although it's awkward when you guys kiss you can see the passion, the feelings come out," Chloe said.

"Really? Is it that blatantly obvious we feel that way?" I asked in slight surprise.

"Yes it is. And it's fairy tale perfect not a detail would need to be added."

"Well, I really appreciate hearing that Charlotte. I hope no one else is to envious," I joked.

*Emily's POV*

I wake up and my neck is aching and my stomach is gurgling. How did I not wake up in the middle of the night? I dragged myself off the bed and quickly collapsed in a heap in the floor. Lovely. I could hear muffled sounds coming from the drivers and passenger seats. I creeped up and listened. A smile formed on my face. I let out a small giggle as I heard a joke, told by Charlotte. It was a terrible but funny joke. I snuck away before anyone caught me eavesdropping.

There was one thing I heard though. It didn't make me nervous nor did it make me sad. It made a warm feeling spread over my chest. The sentence that left me stunned was, you guys don't just really like each other, you love each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys.

I'm so super duper sorry for being so long I've just had so much do with school and activities and stuff. writers block has been a huge contribution to the amount of time it has taken me to write this short average chapter. I hope you see the friendship forming between Charlotte and Emily. I hope you can still bear my slow updates. don't give up on my story just yet!!!