Chapter 21

"Is Jules Destiny's mom?" I asked him as we were driving home from the cake tasting.

"Yeah... Jules was also Alaska's best friend and they broke contact when Alaska ran away and when Jules left." Scott said and I grabbed one of his hands and kissed it.

"I love you." Scott said.

"I love you too." I said.

"Hearing those words are music to my ears." Scott said and I smiled then kissed his cheek.

"I guess we have the same taste in music." I said and he smiled.

"I am glad we got to spend the night out with some friends. It's nice to get out of the house and spend it with you." Scott said and I nodded.

"I agree, it's nice to have a nice little break every once in awhile." I said.

"It is..."

"How did she leave you?" I asked and he was shocked because I just asked him straight up without any warning.

"We took turns sleeping in the nursery with Destiny because we wanted to make sure she was watched all the time. It was my turn that night and I woke up to see the room empty with a note. The note said I can't do this anymore. You can raise her now and that's your destiny not mine. I saw all her clothes gone and pretty much everything was gone. That's how she left Destiny and I."

"Well Destiny has a great dad and that's what matters right now." I said and he smiled.

We pulled up to the gate and I sighed at the sight of my sweet home.

"Hi Hayes, it's Scott."

"Hello Mr. Harrington, how was your evening?" Hayes asked.

"It was good but we're just tired. You can go home now." Scott said and the gate opened and we went inside.

I got out of the car and we walked inside the huge house and I led him into the living room and sat him down.

"What's going on?" Scott asked as he took off his jacket.

"Just sit." I said and patted the couch and he sat down next to me.

"Now explain please."

"I think you should talk to Alaska and try to find Jules." I said and he looked at me like I had 3 eyes.

"What?"

"Don't you think Destiny deserves to meet her mom?" I asked him and he pointed to me.

"Her real mom? At least one time just for Destiny to meet her and see her." I said and he shrugged.

"I doubt Jules would want to see me or Dez." Scott said as he set his arm on the couch.

"When she gets older and older she's gonna think that I'm her mom. I'm not her mom and you know that and I know that and the whole world knows that. We should tell her that before she gets hurt and finds out from someone else." I explained and he nodded in agreement.

"You're right, I don't want my baby to get hurt while out in the world." Scott said and I hugged him and I smelt the pine smell from him.

"We should head to bed, lots of things to do tomorrow." I said and he nodded and we got up and headed upstairs.
-=+=-
Destiny ran out of Scott's office and clutched onto my legs and I smoothed out her hair to calm her down.

I guess Scott told her that I wasn't her biological mom... This crushed her, plus she's only 6.

"Why can't you be my mommy?" Dez asked me and I knelt down to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry honey." I said as I rubbed her back and Scott came out of his office with a sigh.

"I think of you as a mommy more than her. You stayed for me and she didn't so you're my mommy not her." Dez said and I kissed her forehead and hugged her again.

"I'll be your mommy if you want me to." I said as I picked her up and she nodded then put her head on my shoulder and was out like a light.

"I'm sorry princess." Scott whispered then kissed Destiny's cheek and walked back to his office.

I started walking around with Destiny in my arms and she was clutching onto my shirt not wanting to let go.

I laid her down on the couch so she can sleep while I get some work done around the house and see the opportunities I have.

"Who's my real mommy then?" I heard Destiny mumbled and I wanted to cry for her.

I walked over to her and sat down next to her head and smoothed out her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Your mom's name is Jules, she left you because they had you at a young age." I explained and she sighed then closed her eyes.

"Are you my mommy now?" Destiny asked and I gave her a tight smile.

"If you want me to, I'll be your mommy." I said and she got up and hugged me.

"Will I ever meet her?" Destiny mumbled into my shoulder.

"You'll meet her someday." I said and I could feel her grip tighten on me.

"I just want a mommy that doesn't leave me." Destiny said and I clutched her and closed my eyes to prevent me from balling my eyes out.

"I won't leave you sweetheart. I won't ever leave you." I told her and I took her upstairs to get her to sleep and calm down.

I got her to sleep and I went downstairs my heart breaking for that little girl to see Scott opening a bottle of whiskey.

"Scott..." I said and ran over to him and hugged him.

"I crushed her tiny little heart." Scott said and then I felt a tear fall onto my shoulder and I hugged him tighter.

"I'll be her mom, it's okay Scott." I said and he looked at me his eyes watery.

"I'm so glad I have you in my life." Scott said and I pecked his lips than hugged him.

"I love you." I said to him.

"I love you too."

Destiny, I hope you know how much your dad cares...

A/N:
Hey guys! I start school soon and I'm trying to get as much chapter pre-written. I hope you understand why I'm pre-writing, this year will be just very different for me and I hope you understand! Thank you for your support! Happy Reading! <3