Chapter 24

"Is this the dress?"

"I think it is..." I said and wiped my tears away as I admired myself in the mirror.

The dress was absolutely stunning and it was so me. It had floral detailing on the straps and on the top and outlining the sweetheart neckline. It had a crystal belt around the waist line then the skirt of the dress flowed beautifully with more floral detailing on the bottom.

"Honey, you look absolutely stunning

"Honey, you look absolutely stunning." My mom said and she hugged me.

"My baby girl is all grown up!" My dad said and wiped away his tears.

"You're the best parents I could ask for, I really do appreciate you both." I said and they kissed my cheek.

"Those were such cute pictures!" My friend Annie said as she looked at her camera.

"Annie..." I said and she just gave me a smile.

"This is apart of my present to you! I'm making you a wedding book going through all the stages!" Annie argued and I smiled and gestured for her to come over.

"You're the best." I said and hugged her and I could feel her have a big smile.

"Perfect!" My mom said as she snapped a picture.

"Mom!" I said and she smiled towards me as she handed the camera back to Annie.

"I think this is the dress, Nicole." Kate said to me.

"I think it is too." I said with a smile and looked in the mirror again.

"Would you like to try a vail?" The worker asked and I nodded and she ran off.

"I think daddy would love it!" Destiny said and I smiled and hugged her and of course Annie kept snapping pictures.

"He's going to love it." Clarissa said to me and I smiled.

"Thank you so much for coming with me today." I said and she smiled.

"It means so much to you and I wouldn't want to miss it for anything." Clarissa said as she held my hands.

"Thank you so much." I said and she smiled.

"Nicole, you're probably one of the most empowering woman I've ever met. Like you're such a great person and I am so lucky to have met you. Beckett looks up to you and you're such a big part of his life. You're an amazing friend and you make talking about what's happening in my life, so much more easier. You let me pour my heart out without judging me for my past." Clarissa said and started crying and I wiped my tears away.

"You mean so much to me, not only because you take care of Beckett but you understand me and care for everyone. You don't make a big deal out of anything, you always make a negative situation into a positive lesson or try to make the best of it. That's why I look up to you and everyone looks up to you in some sort of way. I know I'm like 8 years older than you but when I talk to you... it makes me feel like I'm young again and you're probably one of the greatest friends I've had." Clarissa said and I broke down and hugged her.

It broke my heart how much she's been going through but she's so strong for everyone.

"Thank you Clarissa, I really appreciate everything you do for me." I said and hugged her.

"Who's cutting the onions?!" Annie said as she wiped away tears.

"Seriously cause it better be a delicious dish." Kate said and grabbed a tissue.

"You made me ruin my makeup!" I teased Clarissa as she handed me a tissue.

"I made myself ruin my makeup too." Clarissa said and I laughed.

"You and Beckett are so special to me and I hope you know that." I said and  Clarissa smiled and hugged me.
-=+=-
"I got some great pictures of Chris in his suit." Annie said as she looked at her camera.

"Let me see!" I said and Annie turned off her camera.

"Nope, you'll have to wait until the wedding to see." Annie said and I sighed.

"You won't be disappointed with which suit he chose. Kenzie and I were there to help him." Kate said and I smiled.

"I just hope he likes the dress I chose." I said as I flipped through my fifth wedding magazine.

"If he doesn't love it then there's something wrong with that kid." Kenzie said as she flipped through a magazine too.

"Have you chose the rings?" Annie asked as she looked at her camera.

"We are going to go do that tomorrow, Scott is just so busy today after the suit fitting. He's trying to get some stuff done before we leave for our honeymoon and so he doesn't need to work while we enjoy our time." I said and they nodded.

"Where are you going for your honeymoon?" Annie asked.

"Were going on a cruise to the Caribbean. Scott's parents are gonna take Destiny to New York to stay with them for a bit while Scott and I fly to Florida to go on the cruise." I said.

"That sounds like heaven." Kenzie said and I smiled.

"The real question is are you going to invite Dylan to your wedding." Kate said as she picked up a new magazine.
"Is haven't thought about that..." I said as I picked up my glass of champagne.
"I think you should, you've clearly moved on and I bet he has too." Annie said.

"Maybe, I still have a few months to think about it." I said and they nodded.

"I should get going, Grant is watching Eliza right now and if I leave him alone with her for too long he forgets she's a baby." Kenzie said and got up.

"Thanks for flipping through magazines with me." I said and hugged her.

"Of course, I'll talk to you tomorrow when you figure out your wedding rings." Kenzie said and I nodded as she left.

"Where's Destiny?" Annie asked as she picked up her glass.

"She's out with my mom and dad, they wanna get to know her better. Plus she's the first grandchild and they wanna spend alone time with her before they head back to Arizona." I said as I tossed the last magazine in the trash pile.

"That's sweet, I'm glad they're trying to accept Destiny and Scott." Kate said.

"They've accepted them, but they're trying to warm up having a step-grandchild." I said.

"Does Destiny call them grandma and grandpa?" Annie asked.

"Yeah, but they like it cause they feel closer to Destiny and Scott." I said.

We're more like a family now.