Chapter 27

"Nicole, no I'm not letting you do that." Scott said.

"Scott, I need to. I know that he hurt me but I have to face this fear. I need to find out why he did this." I said and he shook his head.

"No."

"This isn't your decision!" I yelled out as he started walking away from me and he turned around.

"If you go then don't come back into this house. I don't want you taking care of my daughter if you go see... that... that... pest." Scott said with disgust.

"I'm going."

"Don't think about coming back into this house." Scott said and walked to his office.

"You're a child!" I yelled as I sighed and propped my elbows on the kitchen counter and put my face in my hands.

"Mommy?" A voice said next to me and I looked to see Destiny.

"Hey Des..." I said and she looked at me concerned.

"Why were you and daddy yelling?" Destiny asked me and I sighed.

"I'm just going to be gone for a little bit, I'm going to go see an old friend than stay with my mommy and daddy." I said and she sighed.

"Can I come with you?" Destiny asked me and I shook my head.

"Not this time, but next time you can." I said and she nodded understanding.

"Be safe, I love you." Destiny said and hugged me.

"I love you too, now take good care of daddy for me. Can you do that?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"I will take great care of him." Destiny said and I smiled.

"Thank you so much." I said and she smiled a goofy little smile and I grabbed my suitcase.

I walked to Scott's office and opened the door and peaked my head into the room.

"Scott... I know you're mad at me for going but I have to. Now if you want to be a child and not say goodbye that's fine but take good care of Destiny while I'm gone. I love you..." I said and waited a few seconds than sighed and closed the door.

I grabbed my suitcase and put it into my car and then waited for Clarissa to arrive with Beckett.

They finally arrived and I hugged Clarissa and she held me tightly.

"Don't worry about Destiny or Scott, I got everything under control and just worry about yourself for a little bit." Clarissa said and I smiled with tears blurring my vision.

"Thank you so much, please keep an eye on Scott he's been drinking and I'm very worried about him." I said and she nodded and I loaded my stuff into the car and said my final goodbyes.
-=+=-
I sat down infront of the glass window and sighed. I was starting to get nervous and maybe I shouldn't be here... I think this is a mistake...

I heard his voice and I sighed and looked up to see Dylan, his eyes were blood shot red and I could see the shock in his eyes right when he saw me.

"Nicole..." Dylan said in disbelief and I could see the tears starting to form.

"Hi Dylan, how are you?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Not so good, I'm doing the best that I could be in this situation. How are you doing?"

"It's... I'm not going to lie to you, it's been rough..." I said and looked down.

"Nicole, I just wanna thank you for coming to see me. I'm probably the last person you wanna see but I wanna apologize. I was so jealous of Scott that I had to hurt both of you... I was and I still am in love with you, I just let that blind me. I'm really truly sorry and I know you might not be able to forgive me but if you ever do, I hope we can get this past us."