chapter 10

"wow. This in nice!" I exclaimed, walking into the suite blitz had helped us find.

"More than nice!" Zeke astonished.

"It'll do I guess." Kingston grumble as he thumped his suitcase onto the nearest bed.

I rolled my eyes. The suite really was nice. It had a kitchen, beds, and even a small living space. Plush comforters lined the beds and big fat pillows decked the couches. The fridge was stocked with sweets and it was just the right temperature... it was perfect.

I flopped down on the bed and smiled. "How did you even get this place?!" I asked. Blitz' expression changed from smug to nervous.

"Well, uh.. I have a friend who got me in..." he said.

King narrowed his eyes. "What friend?"

" You don't know him." Blitz answered evenly.

"Wha-"

"Shut up!" I finally scolded. "I don't know what the heck is wrong with you but just shut up! I need to sleep. If you want to verbally slap each other, please whisper! I am sleeping now, good night." I blew a kiss to each of them then turned on my side, and pulled the blanket over my head. I silently laughed at Kingston's startled, blushing face and blitz' laughing eyes. I nearly burst when I heard Almonzo whisper "preach sista!" And Zeke chuckle.

I had noticed that Zeke and Almonzo had sort of gotten close. It was good and bad at the same time. I mean, Zeke was happy and Almonzo seemed brighter but... it hurt that it was Almonzo, not dad. It wasn't Zeke's or Almonzo fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. It was just sad that Lisa and dad and my family were living with images. I just hoped we would be back soon. Would we ever see our family again? Would I see Lisa's caring eyes or dads lovable late night talks. Would I see Keaton's protective gestures, ambers constant worrying about her new boyfriend, Taylor's positive attitude, and April's addiction to syrup. I loved my family. At least I had Zeke.

I pushed the negative thoughts aside and settled in for a night of comfortable sleep.

***

"Wake up princess!" Blitz shook me awake.

I grunted and opened one eye to look at the clock.

6:56

I set my alarm for 7 and blitz had the audacity to wake me up 4 minuets early!? Not ok.

"What the heck is wro-" i was cut off when we shoved some folded clothes in my direction. well... he got me clothes, maybe ill forgive him.

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door. I turned to look in the full length mirror.

The outfit he picked out, surprisingly I liked. It was a long sleeved black shirt that came mid-thigh with red and black tights and black high tops to top it off. I was pleasantly surprised to see that what he picked out was my style. I quickly used the hotels curler to make semi-waves in my hair, swiped on mascara and gloss and I was ready.

I walked through the door and king turned his head. He smiled brightly and mouthed the word "woah" Zeke caught the gesture and smirked. "Dude, she looks exactly the same only her hair is bouncy and eye has black gunk all over it!" He said.

I self consciously wiped at my eye. Blitz turned and said "princess," he got a soft look on his face and I was sure he would tell me I looked great "stop wiping your eye. You look like your having a seizure."

I stuck my hands on my hip and gave him a sassy stare. "Loser" i muttered under my breath. I leaned over to pack my stuff... the little I had.

"So... where to next?" Blitz asked, still sneaking glances at me, and smiling that blinding smile. I knew not to fall for those guys. from all the romantic novels I read, I knew that the devilishly handsome bad boy would lead you on, get what he wanted and drop you like you were a incurable disease carrying hairy spider. Then he would move on to the next girl. Still.. he did look good with his dark stonewashed jeans and black hoodie. His hair was geled and spiked and his hazel eyes had a spark to them, like he was wanting a fight.

"We're moving towards Sorian camp." He snapped, glaring between blitz and I. Was he...jealous!? Nu uh, no way! Where was the telephone? I need to squeal to Nicky right this very moment!.

I decided to ignore it. Males thought everything was theirs. I was just a piece of property they had to own. Oh well.

I double checked the room to make sure we hadn't left anything and started to walk out the door. I decided to wait in the garden while they got everything situated so I rode the elevator down and arrived to flowers.

I walked around and felt the petals of all the plants. There was tall white-streaked grass and vivid purple Daisy's. There were bright red roses and blue morning glories. It was beautiful. I sat down on a bench and was surprised when I felt someone sit down beside me.

"Hey." I said, meeting Kingston's gaze.

"Hey." He replied. We sat in comfortable silence then he spoke again. "You seemed... distracted last night, whats wrong?"

I hesitated. "Its a boy isn't it? I knew it, with a face like yours I just-" I clasped a hand over his mouth. "Shut up." I smiled.

He smirked and removed my hand.

"Its not a boy. Its my dad...and step mom... and everybody." I sighed and he leaned in closer.

"Who is everybody?" His closeness gave me a flustered kind of feeling.

"Lisa, dad, Keaton, amber, Taylor, April, Nicky, and my mailman." I said seriously.

"Your... mailman?" He asked with a smirk on his lips.

I pretended to be offended. "Don't mock tony! We have a very serious relationship! He gives me my mail everyday, and you can't trust just anybody with you national geographic subscription!" I said knowingly.

He burst out laughing and I smiled, scooting closer.

"Do you miss anyone?" I ask.
Instantly I feel horrible. He looks at the ground and tears fill his eyes. "Yes." He whispers. I go into panic mode. I must say something, anything!"

I touch his arm. "Is it your mailman?" I ask knowingly.

I'm rewarded with a small smile.

"Yea. Bob and I go way back."

"Hey! We've been looking for you." A new voice enters the conversation. Blitz registers us. I hadn't realized how close king and I scooted towards each other until I saw that our legs were almost touching. I jumped up, not eager to start a fight. "Uh yea, we better get going."

And i walked off with a guy on either side.