Chapter Four

"Better lock it in your pocket, taking this on to the grave."

"Camille? Are you ok? Camille, can you hear me?" The voice belonged to Mr. Madison; I opened my eyes enough, though blurry, to see Mr. Madison and my mother standing over me, fanning me.

"I am quite fine mother, please stop all this fuss." I pulled my self up to a sitting position.

"Camille. Don't tell me not to fuss, you fainted!"

"I must have just gotten to hot, mother, quite honestly, I am fine." I gave my hand to Mr. Madison as he pulled me to a standing position. "Thank you." I dusted off my dress, and looked at my mother.

"Camille, let's go home, and have Curtis fetch the doctor."

"I swear mother, I am fine." Minus someone wanting to kill me.

"Fine, we are still going home."

"Mother, don't you have work?"

"We finished what we needed to do, Catherine, and we will ship off the next shipment on Monday." Mr. Madison nodded to my mother and then to me, "Go home, get something to eat, and rest, dear. We need you."

"Okay, we will see you Wednesday for dinner, along with Lauren, Rose, and Lucas." As the last name rolled of her lips, I felt a knife twisting into my heart.

"We will see you then."

"Is Miss. Milson not joining us for dinner?" Why did I ask?

"No." Mr. Madison answered, "But Mr. Drexton might."

"Along with the Rhetts, for Aiden." My mother chimed in, she planned Aiden to meet Olivia, of course she did.

"Well I will see you then, Mr. Madison." I hugged him tightly and followed my mother out of the trading company.

We stepped up into the carriage and my mother looked at me, "Are you sure your okay?"

"Mother." I looked at her then at my hands.

"I know, I make a fuss, just with how sick Rose got last year, I don't want to see that happen to you, darling." She reached over and took my hand.

"I understand." I smiled at her, and looked out the window, watching London's High Society whip pass my eyes. Someone wants to kill me... and who was him? Lucas? Aiden? I tried to push it away, but between my father's notes and this, something is trying to add up...

As soon as we got home, I ran straight for my fathers library, searching his desk. I just need a note,something else that could help me figure out who they are all talking about. I pulled out an old leather bond journal, as I thumbed through, it had missing pages, and things I couldn't even understand. I laid the book on the desk, and started looking through each page.

"These are his travel plans for the company..." I mumbled to myself. I flipped to the next page about to give up searching, when I saw his handwriting again.

Things that we need to remember:

These men are not to be trifled with

These men want us dead

They want....

I got to go Catherine is coming up the stairs. She must not know.

Why doesn't he write what they want! I slammed the book closed and threw my head into my hands.

"Camille? Is everything ok?" It was Aiden's voice.

"Yes, Aiden, how was calling on Miss. Rhett."

"Went better then expected." He smiled then his face fell, "Are you sure you're ok, Kitten?"

"Aiden, please, I am fine." I rolled my eyes at him, sitting my hands in my lap.

"Okay, I just worry about you, I mean fainting? Was it your corset?"

"No, it is fine, and lose, I think I was just overheated, I mean, it is something that was unavoidable." I smiled, and let the lie slide between my teeth.

Aiden nodded and patted my hands, "So do you want to hear about Miss. Rhett?"

"Yes, I do." I smiled at Aiden, and moved my body to face him.

"Well, it went very well I believe, her father, was happy to see my face calling upon his daughter, rather than having anyone else. He let us walk their property, and it was easy, it was simple, we talked, and now she is coming to that dinner, mother is planning." I smiled at him, watching his face light up as he spoke about her. But deep inside my head, all I could see was the words my father had scribbled down.

My brother eyed my face, and I knew that I was showing some kind of worry, somewhere deep in my eyes. "What were you reading?"

"Oh, just a book, and the ending was predictable and I got angry." I let another lie slip between my teeth.

"Isn't it always that way?" He laughed and stood up from the couch, and looked at me, "Well, I am happy to know that you are okay, darling." He kissed my head, before exiting the room.

I pulled my body up from the chair, and growled to myself. The books were biting at my heart. How could I just ask my mother? I mumbled to myself, and moved through the library, into the hallway.

I need to figure out who is trying to kill me, and who else they want to kill. But most of all, why?

**if you like what you are reading please comment, vote, share, follow, etc. your opinions really do matter to me! Also check out my other stories if you like Camille! Thank you! **