Chapter Ten

*Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave.*

“Please to meet you, Miss. Brexton,” Henry  bowed and kissed my hand, “Would you care to have this dance with me?”

I couldn’t find words, as I listened to his serpent tongue, and his devil eyes. But my hands were slipped into his, and we began the dance. “How are you enjoying the party?” He smiled and whispered into my ear. 

“It is fine. I am very happy for Rose and Darius.” I muttered back, no no one had made me feel this scared.

“Yes, Darius is my cousin...” that’s why he scares me...

“I see the resemblance.” I muttered, you both are charming good lookers from devil. 

“Oh you can?” He smiled and it twirled up on the corners. 

“Yes, but I never said that it was a good thing...” I looked him straight in the eye. 

“Aren’t you fierce.” He still had a wicked smile on him, and I wanted to just run. 

“May I steal her?” It was Sebastian’s voice behind me, and I felt saved. 

“I guess you may, Bash.” They know each other?! This is just my luck.

“Thank you Calston, have fun at the rest of the party.” Sebastian took my hand, and squeezed it.

“I don’t think I am going to stay at the party, I believe that I have other arragments somewhere else,” He winked and Sebastian and I felt sick to my stomach.

“Well have fun, I am gong to still, Miss. Brexton for a dance,” Sebastian pulled me away from my nightmare and began to spin me around. “I hope he didn’t bother you to much?” 

“Not at all, but thank you, Sebastian.” I smiled at him, and felt more relaxed instantly. 

After dancing to every song that my feet could handle. “I think it is time to disappear.” I smiled and curtsied to Sebastian, and he kissed my hand. 

“I hope to see you again,” He waited as I headed toward the stairwell. 

As I entered the hallway, someone grabbed my arm, and I felt a cold grasp. I turned to meet the eyes of Serena. “Hello, Camille,” Her voice was filled with venom.

“What do you want Serena?”

“Leave Lucas alone. You may talk to him, but if you try anything else to intruded on my wedding, I will take you down.”

“Fine, now let me go.” I picked up my skirts, running toward the door, and straight into Aiden... 

“Are you okay, kitten?” 

“Yes, I just want to go home, Aiden.” 

The next morning came quick, and by the time I was dressed and ready to go downstairs. I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and a servant stood in a straight black suit. “I bring an invitation for the Brexton household.”

‘Thank you.” I took the letter, and broke open the gold seal, and began to read it:

You are invited to the Calston Estate

for the 

Calston Masquerade

on 

May 24 at 6 p.m.

Please wear masks, and formal attire

We will see you then

“So a party at the devils house, maybe it is time to realize this isn’t going to end.” I left the invitation on my mother’s desk and ran upstairs to my father’s library. I grabbed a book from the shelf and my notebook. I flipped through the book and stopped when I found writing. “The Calston’s wrote again, asking for me to set up the arrange marriage. But I refuse, only reason I go there, is to search for the clues that they tell me to find. But I have found nothing. But there is one thing, Calston can not be trusted.”