Chapter Thirteen

Everyone was shocked and doubtful of what they just heard.

This is the sudden revolt of the pivot of the Miracles, Murasakibara.

Everyone just stared at the red head and the purple head and silence is ringing in their ears. They weren't even sure if what they heard earlier was right.

The spell like silence broke when Akashi repeated what he said, "What did you say? Murasakibara." Demand was in his voice as he stared at his teammate.

"...I just wanted to say~" Murasakibara started with his bored sounding voice and continued as he repeated what he said to satisfy Akashi, "I hate listening to someone who is weaker than me. That's all."

Everyone was just silent after Murasakibara's declaration of rebellion but the assistant coach/manager interrupted, "Sushi-chan, why would you say stuff like that all of a sudden?! It's a joke, right?!" She shouted.

The manager jumped in to the conflict too and went infront of Akashi as she added something to what Narumi said, "Besides, if you fight, the head coach would definitely..." But even before she finished what she had to say, Akashi placed a hand on her shoulder as he commanded, "Step aside, Momoi."

The two girls just stared at Akashi... And Momoi finally obeyed what Akashi said.

"Murasakibara, I can't simply ignore what you just said. Although the team's strongest player should not necessarily be the captain, that my position be questioned in such a manner... is another matter." Akashi said with a serious and calm yet authoritative voice.

Akashi picked up a ball and faced Murasakibara, "If you can't understand this in any other way than by force, I'll give you the honor to try." He then added with an angry expression, "Don't overestimate yourself too much."

Akashi dribbled the ball once and held it with one hand as he challenged Murasakibara with all his confidence, "Let's play a one-on-one, whoever scores 5 points first, wins."

The decralation of a one-on-one shocked the others even more.

"Akashi...?!" Midorima said in shock.

"Wait..." It's the only thing Momoi can say. She is the GOM's manager but she couldn't even handle a thing like this.

"I have to discipline you." Akashi warned.

"What you think is not of my concern..." Murasakibara stared, "Aka-chin."

Meanwhile, at the new head coach's office....

He has his both hands infront of his face as he remembers what he just said to Aomine.

"If you don't want to... you don't need to attend practice anymore... However, you must turn up for our matches. I won't say anything as long as you win."

And now, he's drowning in his thoughts...

What a disaster..! I... To think that I would say something so stupid...!

Why couldn't I trust in Aomine then..?!

Why...?!

The rain was pouring quite violently outside and the one-on-one match of Akashi and Murasakibara isn't doing anything good... Well, that only goes for Akashi.

"How... How... How can it be..." Kise whispered to no one in particular.

They watched as Akashi's attempt to shoot was blocked by Murasakibara so effortlessly. And as Murasakibara blocked Akashi... He had that look that is rarely seen in his face...

That look of despair.

"He blocked him again!" Someone from the first string commented.