Chapter Twenty-Five

The final summer for the "Generation of Miracles" at Teikou Middle School. Can anyone face them with their unnatural strength?

~ ~ ~

The National district preliminaries. First match;

Murasakibara slammed the ball down into the hoop even if three guys were trying to block him.

"What? An alley-oop!"

"He just knocked three guys!"

Some of the audiences cheered.

"They were already strong enough last year..." One of the members of the other team said, "But this year, they're completely stronger than ever." He continued.

"A-Ahh... Their intimidating power just leaves you speechless." Another one of the members said.

"They're a bunch of monsters. The Generation of Miracles." Somebody whispered.

The first match ended with the score 109 to 5, in favor of Teikou.

----------------

[Momoi's POV:]

The team has gotten stronger. Although the starting members hasn't changed, I know Narumiko-chan also noticed this but, it seems like this was a completely different team.

There were no passes anymore. They score on their own with their skill and doesn't depend on the other members anymore. Even if they don't do this thing called team work, they could still crush their opponents like how they could break a stick.

Yes, they do achieve victory and it is even more overwhelming than before but... There's one thing missing; No one smiles anymore.

They do their job emotionless like they were obliged and it is expected for them to win.

It's Teikou's philosophy anyway... "To always win."

There isn't a tad bit chance of losing. They'll probably continue winning the preliminaries like this and perhaps the real thing as well.

Tetsu-kun plays in matches too but it's not like he goes out of the court to help them score. He goes out as a sub to conserve the starting players' strength. Everyone knows this and he, himself is aware of this yet he still play diligently when it is granted.

Because of this... Tetsu-kun's smile... No one has ever seen it, for a long time.

-----------------------

[3rd person's POV:]

The team was at the locker, changing clothes.

"You know~" Murasakibara said in his usual bored tone, "Games has gotten boring, doesn't it?" He continued.

Aomine sighed, "The other teams being weak ain't a new thing. Nothing has changed, doesn't it?" The blue head said.

Kise looked at Aomine, "But I"ve also been feeling like that too." Kise proved Murasakibara's point.

"Hmmn..." Murasakibara hummed as he thought of something, "Who were they again? There were five decent players back then." he said and scratched the back of his neck.

Kise looked at Mursakibara, "Do you mean the Uncrowned something or whatever they were called?"

Muraskibara looked back at Kise, acknowledging his answer and said, "Yeah. Them. They're not participating this year, right? I feel so unmotivated since it's so easy to win." He said and let out a bored sigh.

Kise thought of something and cupped his chin, "Ah! Then how about this?"

Kise's energy caught the attention of others, "In the next game, let's compete about who will score the most. We can bet anything random~"