Chapter Twenty-Three

Akashi was the one who opened Pandora's box. However, will there be any hope left inside?

It was like there were two Akashi. But the reactions of the people around, were colder than Midorima thought. It was due to very few of the first string players had witnessed and knew how different he was... while most of the team didn't even know his usual self.

Maybe it was because apart from the activities of the club, his attitude at school was not that much different than normal.

That's why the only ones who had noticed this change in him were the members of the "Generation of Miracles" who were present. Furthermore, even if someone else had noticed, they simply would push aside their confusion and wouldn't give it much thought.

About this, until this day... Midorima who had witnessed the change in Akashi a couple of times... began to question if there was another Akashi within Akashi.

However, there is no proof of this. Even he was unable to believe in this ridiculous thought.

Midorima couldn't even trust in anyone to talk about this.

-----------

Three knocks was heard at the door of the head coach's office.

"Come in." He said and as the door opened, the red head captain came inside.

As he walked near the coach's table, he said, "Sorry to interrupt."

The coach's hands were together underneath his chin as his facial expression changed. "I heard that at practice a few days ago, you told Murasakibara and the others that it was okay to stop attending practice if they didn't want to."

The coach sat up straight and rested his upper limbs on the arm rest of his chair, he then added, "Why?"

Akashi's expression was quite shocked. "Why?", Akashi snickered, "Was it not the same day in which you said something similar to Aomine, head coach?" He smirked, "I just followed your example and allowed those with such strenght the same treatment."

The head coach slammed his hands in the table and stood up, "I did not say I would allow it to that extent! Even if you're the captain, you can't just--"

Akashi cut him off as he spoke, "That's why I think that head coach's judgment is correct."

"Teikou's motto is to always win," Akashi eyed the golden trophies displayed on the shelves that symoblizes the pride of Teikou as the number one school, "So, in order to achieve victory, it is understandable that we choose the best option."

"Even if we were to implement team play in a forced manner, it would only serve as a restrictions for the players." He explained.

Akashi then added, "This option obviously is not the best so..."

Akashi smirked more, "We should get rid of it... team play."

The head coach didn't... couldn't, rather, say a word.

Akashi's explanation is absolute.

-----------

Days passed by and Teikou had a match with Kuwata. (( I believe it is Kuwata ))

It was obviously Teikou's win.

Aomine was the one holding that ball but someone blocked his way. He just dribbled past that person and went for the hoop.

"Aomine broke his defense!"

"He's too fast!"

When he was near the hoop, ready to make the ball in and earn points, however, the opponent is also quick to defend. They double-teamed Aomine... but this unstoppable ace just threw it to the hoop and miracously, it went in.