One-Handed - Riku (Kingdom Hearts)

LOL. I don't even know why I wrote this.

Created by landriku29 on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 

Bounce. Bounce. Bounce. Silence. Swish. Bounce.

I picked up the basketball once more from underneath the hoop. "Twenty-nine in a row," I muttered, dribbling the ball around my court-sized patio to try for one more basket. It was nighttime, and everyone on Destiny Islands was asleep. Exept for me.

Settling into position at my freethrow line, I balanced the ball in my hands and aimed carefully.

"FAIL!" someone called out just as I released it. The ball veered off completely, landing in a rose bush.

"Dammit Riku, that was my best so far!" I said angrily.

"Shh..." my boyfriend said hastily, glancing up at his house next door. "People tend to sleep at one thirty in the morning.

I managed to free the ball from the bush after being pricked a million times. "Sorry. I couldn't sleep at all. Did I wake you up?"

"Nah. Bad dream. I heard you cheering when you reached twenty-five perfect shots after I woke up. What's the big deal about this game anyway? All you have to do is throw a ball into a net hanging of a hoop. It's not even that hard."

Smirking, I tossed the ball to him. "I bet you couldn't even get three in," I challenged him.

He flung the ball at the hoop casually, without even looking and with only one hand. Even so, it flew at a flawless arc and swished perfectly through the net. He did it again...and again.

I snatched up the ball and stared at him in amazement. "How did you...you didn't even...with only one..."

Riku laughed softly and kissed me lightly before he messed up my hair. "Like I said," he repeated, turning to go, "it's not even that hard." With that he jumped over your fence and went back into his house through the back door.

As soon as he left I tried throwing the ball at the hoop one-handed without looking.

It soared into the rose bush again.