Ashton

Thank god for everything going as planned. Life has been easy and good for the past two weeks.

I had moved back with the boys and we had dealt with everything, or almost everything.

Michael tried to find the guy who almost raped me-Josh said his name was Dylan. He had disappeared and no one had seen him since the night of the party.

I wasn't complaining.

I just wanted everything to be behind us. I didn't want anything to do with him.

I needed to get out of the house, so I was currently at the store with Michael, picking up some food we definitely didn't need but, I love junk food.

I was about to grab some cookies when I bumped my hand with someone else's.

"Sorry." I muttered but he just smiled.

"It's okay. Here." He handed me the box and I smiled.

"My names Ashton." I said and he took my hand in his.

"My friends call me Andy." I frowned, he looked really familiar and his name sounded familiar as well.

"You look so familiar. Have we met before?" I asked shyly. He smiled wider and thought about it.

"Your last name?" He asked.

"Irwin."

"Irwin, Irwin, Irwin." He whispered quietly, trying to conjure a memory.

"Wait a second! Are you the kid that Josh Henderson used to love in high school? I do know you!" I frowned.

"I wouldn't say love. We're just really good friends." He frowned at that and shook his head.

"No, that kid loved you. I remember because my boyfriend Dylan was friends with him and your all he talked about."

"W-wait did you say Dylan?" I asked and he frowned.

"Yea..."

"Have you seen him lately?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"I haven't seen Dylan in a long time." He said and I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Why?" I asked, despite my brain telling me to walk away and forget I had met this guy.

"Long story, but in short, we loved each other a lot but that wasn't enough to keep us together."

"What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed sadly.

"I can't believe I'm telling a stranger this..." he sighed again but continued. "I was broken and he couldn't fix me. In the end, I ended up breaking him as well. We just weren't right for each other." My heart broke at that. True love being separated. That was a tragedy.

"How did you know?" I asked slowly.

"How did I know what?" He asked.

"That you should've left him?"

"The moment he stressed out over me and started to act differently. He wasn't his self anymore. We both were always scared for the other and we started to walk on eggshells around each other. Just signs like that."

I nodded and my heart started to sink. That sounded awfully familiar.

"Wasn't it hard? Leaving him?" I asked and he nodded.

"It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I didn't want to break him more."

"Wasn't that scary?"