Aiko Q&A

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ONE AND ONLY: IWAZUMI AIKO!!!

If you have questions about her, or any other characters/story elements, comment and I'll respond 1st person as the characters (or myself, if it's a question for me.) Here's some of the questions I've gotten!!

Q: What is Aiko's aesthetic?

A: in the media section, or pictured right here, is a picture I made of my aesthetic!! I only kinda know what aesthetic is from tumblr, not really though, so pardon if it's weird!

-Aiko

Q: Aiko, why do you like Tsukishima?

A: there's many things I love about Kei, but mostly his cute, "I don't care" attitude. It's pretty funny if you think about it. And his jokes!!! His sense of humor is so sarcastic and, well, rude, he makes me laugh a lot.

Q: Riley, how did you come up with Aiko's personality and character?

A: Aiko was a character based off of the person I aspire to be. All the characters I make are based on aspirations I have for myself, ways I wish I could act or ways I wish I behaved. I wish I could be as kind and fun and optimistic as her. But at the same time, I incorporate a lot of my flaws into my characters too. Aiko doesn't like to think too much of the future, and has a hard time acting like an adult and being serious, which I also struggle with. Rin, from my OHSHC story, is stubborn and sarcastic, like I am. But she's also smart and observant, like I wish I could be.

Q: WHY DO INSIST ON MAKING ALL YOUR CHARACTERS FROM YOUR STORIES SUFFER?!

A: life is hard. It sucks. Things like disease and death strike us when we least want it to, and I would be a bad writer if everything went perfectly according to plan.

Q: Riley, will Aiko live at the end of the story?

A: honestly, at first I wasn't planning on it, but now I'm very attached to my baby Aiko and I don't think I could possibly write about her death. I had a hard enough time writing her disease. But, don't expect sunshine and sparkles either ;)