Chapter 14

F L A S H B A C K

>>dinoboy: @flowergirl I'm on my way.

>>dinoboy: @flowergirl don't be late.

>>dinoboy: @flowergirl tadashi's coming too.

>>flowergirl: @dinoboy sounds good!!! I'll be at the train station to pick you guys up!

<flowergirl has logged out>
<dinoboy has logged out>

Aiko was bouncing around in complete joy and excitement by the time her two best friends in the world stepped out of the train as onto the platform.

Tsukishima was vaguely disgusted. It smelt of body odor and rat droppings in the train station, but he figured it was worth it to spend the day in Tokyo with his two best friends.

Tadashi was his perfect angel self, sitting on the train and conversing with the nice old lady next to him until they made it to Toyko.

The female of the group walked between her friend and boyfriend of only a few months, holding hands with both of them and skipping happily down the busy streets.

Tsukishima groaned when Tadashi and Aiko went into Forever 21, he knew Aiko and Tadashi would be trying on clothes for hours.

Tadashi and Aiko came out of the store in matching skirts, because fuck gender roles that's why, and if you have a problem with Yamaguchi in a dress, get the fuck out of here.

END OF AIKO'S BEAUTIFUL DREAM/FLASHBACK

Overall, it was the best day of Aiko's short life, and she wished they could all do it again.

Except maybe not right now, as she was finally waking up from her slumber, only to the sound of sniffles.

When she opened her eyes, Hinata was sitting on the floor next to her bed, crying and picking at the nail polish on his fingers.

"Soleil, why are you crying? And picking at your nails, you're gonna mess up the polish, sunshine." She gently grabbed his hands and moved them away, so he couldn't attach at himself anymore.

"S-Some boys on Fukurodani were laughing at me because of my nails, and T-Tsukki and D-Daichi got real m-mad and almost beat them up!! And then I came here and tried to wake you up, but you didn't wake up! It was so scary!!" The actual, literal sunshine, Hinata Shouyou, was sobbing viciously, which made Aiko cry too.

"Aww, sunshine! It's gonna be alright! Let me fix your nails and then you can walk with me to the game, I'll make sure no one says anything! Then, you can show those boys what gender roles look like when you spike volleyballs into their faces!" And with that, the two got to work, Aiko adding makeup to match hinata's black and orange nails.

And when they got to the court, everyone except Kageyama got maybe 3 shades paler, while the raven-haired boy got 3 shades redder.

While Hinata started warming up, Aiko calmly approached Bokuto and Akaashi, who were quick to compliment her on her makeup skills.

"Thank you!! He came to me crying this morning saying some boys on your team told him that nail polish was only for girls, so I just wanted to let you know."