Chapter 6

DOVE WATCHED Jessica, Eric and Mike finished putting their suits on, their van now on the beach, and it was freezing. Dove was definitely having second thoughts about being here, in the cold. The beach was definitely for the summer, and it was so not summer.

"I don't know if it's worth anymore." Eric mumbled as he looked out onto the beach.

"We drove all the way out here." Jessica stated, "I'm at-least paddling out."

"She's right." Eric nodded, trying to pump himself up.

"You guys are babies."

Dove looked out onto the beach as they continued to put their suits on. Angela is sat between Dove and Bella, eating twizlers.

"So, I keep thinking that Eric's gonna ask me to prom." She shakes her head, "And he just doesn't."

"You should ask him." Bella states

"Yeah, independent woman and all that." Dove said.

"Take control, you're a strong, independent woman."

"I am?"

"Hell yeah." Dove says as Jessica walks over and turns to show her back.

"Hey, will you do me up." She asks and Angela reaches and zips the back just as another voices catches their attention.

"Bella? Dove?" Both girls look in the direction of the voice and find Jacob jogging over to them, and two other boys. Jacob hugs both girls as Bella introduces him to the group.

"Guys, this is Jacob."

He takes the seat beside Dove, who cuddles to his side.

"What, are you like stalking us?" Bella jokes, Jacob snorts.

"You're on my rez, remember?" He looks around and notices Jessica, Mike and Eric in their suits, "Are you guys surfing?"

"Hell no." Dove shakes her head, "Its freezing."

"You should keep Bella company." Jessica speaks up, a sly grin on her face, "Her date bailed." Dove raised an eyebrow at Bella.

"What date?" Eric asks, stopping in his spot.

"She invited Edward."

"To be polite, that's it." Bella defended herself.

"I think it's nice she invited him, nobody ever does." Angela spoke up.

"Yeah, cause Cullen's a freak." Mike scoffed, Dove looked down at hed hands, hearing the banter between everyone. One of Jacobs friends smirked and nodded to Mike.

"You got that right."

"The Cullen's don't come here." The other sneered. Jacob nudged Dove's chin with his shoulder, getting her attention and speaking up to get Bella's.

"How about we got for a walk?" The three of them got up and walked down the beach, hearing the cheers of laughter of the others as they surfed or talked amongst themselves as the three continued on down the beach.

Bella looked up to Jacob as he walked between both girls, Dove still latched onto his arm.

"What did your friend mean about, you know, the Cullen's don't come here?"

Jacob laughed, "You caught that huh?"

"We're not stupid, Jacob." Dove stated.

"I'm not really supposed to say anything about it." He hesitated.

"Hey, I can keep a secret." Bella grinned up at him. Jacob laughed, but it seem more forced this time.

"Really, it's just like an old scary story."