Chapter 11

"WE HAVE a date." Bella blurted out a few days later, motioning to herself and Dove. Charlie was cleaning his shotgun as Bella spoke, and Dove rolled her eyes, she really couldn't pick a better moment. But it was true, in way, Dove and Bella had been invited out with the Cullen's and Hale's to play baseball. Charlie raised his eyebrows at Bella, "With Edward Cullen and Jasper Hale." Bella continued.

"He's a little too old for you isn't he?" Charlie asked Bella.

"No." She said, "I thought you liked the Cullen's?"

"He's a junior, she's a junior." Dove stated, "It's just a date." Her eyes darting between Bella and Charlie.

"I thought you didn't like any boys in town?" Charlie questioned, referring to what Bella had said weeks ago, he took a sip of his beer, which Bella brought him as a bribery, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Edward doesn't live in town.. Technically." She shrugged, looking sheepish. Then looked to the window, "He's right outside." Dove walked over, seeing Jasper there too, she smiled at the sight of him, something Charlie also noticed.

"What about you, Dove?" He brought her attention to him, "Do you like this Jasper too?" She nodded.

"Well, I mean, yeah, I like him." She blushed, knowing Jasper would hear her. Charlie sighed. Both girls got their coats and Charlie watched them leave, walking over to Emmett's Jeep, both Edward and Jasper waiting for them, but before they could walk over to them, Jasper and Edward had walked over to Charlie to talk to him. Both Dove and Bella watched for a moment as they all shook hands and spoke for a moment, before coming back and helping the girls into the Jeep. Bella had taken the seat at the front beside Edward.

"So, since when does vampires play baseball?" Dove asked, smirking at Jasper. He grinned back and turned to pick up a baseball camp from the back of the Jeep and placed it on her head, tucking in some of her curls.

"It's America's favourite pastime. Plus, there's a thunderstorm coming, and that's the only time we can play. You'll see why." He said, before grinning and pulling the cap over her eyes, causing her to grumble and pull it back up. fixing it. Soon, Edward had drove them to a field, stopping the Jeep and helping Bella out.

Jasper stepped out the Jeep and turned so his back was facing her, turning his head so he could look over his shoulder, "Climb on, we can get there quicker." He stated and Dove heard Edward laugh, before letting Bella climb on his back.

"Race you." Edward said as Dove climbed on, Jasper scoffed and grinned at him.

"It's on. "He said and the pair of them ran off into the woods, the trees nothing but a blur. It only lasted a few seconds until they stopped at a clearing.

"I'm calling that a tie." Dove said as she jumped from Jasper's back. Edward scoffed playfully, shaking his head. Jasper pulled Dove into his side and pressed a kiss to her hat before walking off, leaving her with Bella and Esme, who smiled at both girls.

"Hi, I'm glad you're both here, we could use some umpire's." Esme said, as Jasper and Emmett came back, Emmett is usual happy self.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett rolled his eyes playfully, winking at Bella and Dove.

"Oh, I know you cheat." Esme teased with a loving smile. She truly loved these "children" as if they were her own. She then wrapped her arms around Bella's and Dove's shoulder, leading them to the home plate.

"Call them as you see them girls." She said to them as a bolt of lightning made Dove jump, she laughed to herself.

"It's time." Alice smiled from hed position. She lifted her arm and kicked up her leg, throwing the ball to Rosalie, who swung the bat, hitting the ball with a boom to match the lightning, running to the bases.