Chapter 22

LATER THAT day, they all stepped off the plane. Dove glanced over to Bella, who was being carried in Edward's arms as she slept, fully slept, for what seemed like the first time in forever. They walked all the way out the parking lot before Edward spoke to Dove.

"Are you riding with us?" He had asked, Dove looked back to see the rest of the Cullen's, her eyes focused on Jasper for a moment before looking back at Edward.

"Yeah." She smiled weakly.

That had been last week.

Bella was happy as ever, as Dove was once again, in her bedroom thinking everything through. Alice had stated she'd end up a vampire at the end of all this, when would that be? She knew about Edward's distaste for turning Bella, doing everything he could to put it off; wanting to finish high school first etc.

She had purposely avoided Jasper Hale that entire time, knowing he wanted to talk.

Dove knew she wasn't over Jasper yet, but she had tried. In previous relationships she'd be happy and no longer thinking of an ex by now, but Jasper different, Dove had truly felt like she in love with Jasper and when he first left she was devastated.

She was taken out of her thoughts by tapping on her window, she glanced over to see the familiar golden-eyed vampire. She sighed and walked over to the window, opening it slightly, not letting him inside.

"Yes, Jasper?" Dove said.

"We need to talk about this." Jasper stated, "Can I come in?" He asked politely. She bit her lip as she nodded, opening the window further and stepping back to let him in. Once he was in, he stood straight, looking down at her. He smiled weakly.

"You look beautiful." He stated and she raised an eyebrow at him, before looking down at her baggy shirt and sweatpants.

"Right, okay." She rolled her eyes before sitting on her bed, "What do you want to talk about?" She questioned as if she didn't already know. Jasper cleared his throat.

"You know we need to talk about what I said." He stated, "You need to know I didn't mean it, and that I always loved you the entire time." She laughed.

"I don't care Jasper, I'm getting over you, albeit slowly, but I will." She said.

"What about what Alice said? Turning you?"

"It won't happen, Jasper." Dove shrugged, "Whatever we had ended that day you left me in the woods." She said as tears came to her eyes as she remembered it. He slowly walked towards her brought her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." He said, pressing a kiss to her forehead, "I'm so sorry."

END