36

Chapter 36 (edited May 2021)

Warnings: explicit content! Top ash/bottom cal; slow, sweet sex

• •

•Three Months Later•

Ashton got out of his car with a small huff. He had to work late and all he wanted to do was get into bed with his beautiful boyfriend and get some sleep. He walked up the driveway and up the porch as he locked his car with the button on his keys. He shoved his key into the lock and turned it, pushing the door open quietly.

Ashton paused in his step, raising his eyebrows. Small tea light candles that were resting in slightly taller glass holders, lining the staircase, white and red rose petals scattered between. Ashton set his briefcase down before shutting and locking the door.

"Calum?" The man called out.

"Upstairs," his voice replied. Ashton chuckled a bit as he rid himself of his suit jacket and shoes, shoving both towards the living room. Ashton carefully walked up the stairs, heading towards their shared bedroom. The door creaked as it opened, the smell of lavender filling his nose.

"Cal?" Ashton called out again. He loosened his tie as he stepped further into the room, taking in the candles on the dresser and the small boxes on their bed. Ashton looked up when he saw movement in the corner of the room. He completely deflated, his knees going a bit weak as he saw Calum leaning against the frame of the bathroom door. His slim body was clad in a white, lacey set of lingerie, one hand resting on his hip.

"Well happy 1 year anniversary to you too," Ashton breathed out, completely taken away by how beautiful Calum was.

"Open your presents," Calum said, staying by the bathroom. Ashton reluctantly looked away from Calum, his eyes landing on the two boxes on the bed. He picked up the smaller one and opened it, smiling at the nice black tie that was resting inside.

"This is really nice, thank you baby," Ashton said as he set the box aside and opened up the second one. Calum stayed quiet as Ashton looked inside of the box, his mouth curving in a wide smile as he pulled out the shiny black briefcase that he's been wanting for ages.

"Oh my god, you're the best," He muttered as he felt the outside of the briefcase. Calum laughed softly as he walked closer to Ashton, placing his hands on the man's shoulders.

"I know the last time I said I was ready, I freaked out, but we've been talking through it, and I think I'm actually ready," Calum said. Ashton looked down into Calum's eyes, trying to ignore the way the boy's lingerie made his stomach twist with warmth.

"If you think you're ready then I'll take care of you, but I don't want a repeat of last time. Not because you didn't follow through, but because a small piece of you broke last time, I can't and won't see you like that again. We do not have to do this," Ashton spoke softly, his words firm, gently brushing his fingers along Calum's lower back.

"I'm ready this time, and if I need a second to think then I'll tell you. I promise," Calum nodded.

"You're one hundred percent sure?" Ashton asked.

"One thousand percent," Calum retorted, nodding. Ashton chuckled with a small roll of his eyes.

"If you want to stop please tell me," Ashton said, placing his hands on Calum's hips. The boy nodded as he removed Ashton's gifts from the bed before laying himself down. He stared up at Ashton with wide, warm eyes, making grabby hands for the man. Ashton smiled as he removed his tie from around his neck, throwing it to the floor. He climbed onto the bed and hovered above Calum, gently pressing their lips together. Calum hummed, wrapping his arms around Ashton's neck as he bent his knees, letting them fall open around the man's waist. The kiss stayed slow and passionate, their lips molding together, loving and unhurried.