Chapter 39: Meet the Parents

EVE'S POV

After we got off the Ferris wheel, we roamed around for a bit. We got some cotton candy, candy apples and even went on a few rides. But one thing that caught my eye everytime was this huge, gigantic big white teddy bear. I know, it's stupid.

Seventeen year old Eve Delacy, who's known for being a multi award singer, wants a teddy bear.

But it's just so loveable looking. With it's brown fur and cute little bowtie..I couldn't stop staring at it. It just had to be smack dab in the middle of all of the events.

See the problem was, I am crap at playing carnival games. This one was a ball toss, which I am horrid at playing. Also, Harry just got me this pendant so I really couldn't ask him to do that. Harry's really put so much effort into making me smile, I've just got to do something for him. I shrugged the thought off for a bit so I could enjoy a few more rides with Harry.

We both agreed on riding the merry go round. Harry rode in a horse right across from mine. He turned to me with a childish grin on his face, I just knew that something corny was coming up for that look.

"Hey, look you can see the world the way I do. Everything's blurry 'cept for you." He flirted, I fought off the smile that fought to grace my face, but couldn't hold against him. An almost instinctive grin appeared on my face. I just loved when he did this, I couldn't fight my feelings for him at all.

"Yeah, and you're my Prince Charming on a white horse. What took so long?" I flirted back. Harry's eyes seemed to perk up at the reference to fairytales. He had constantly shown traits of being a closet literature fan, especially when it came to speaking Shakespearian.

"Methinks, mine Lady Cinderella hath her own heart stolen away." Harry remarked. I just knew it he would. I smiled back at Harry.

"Tis true Prince Romeo! Though thine own heart has too been whisked away. May it be a perfect robbery." I continued. "Seriously though Romeo, my horse is better." I tease lightheartedly earning a shake

from Harry. I really couldn't hold the Shakespearian joke going. At all.

We had internally turned it into a little game of prince and Princess. We bantered back and forth, and it seemed like the ride was finally over.

We strode over, hand in hand towards the center of the fair. My eyes lingered at the stand in which the bear was located in. I stopped there and stared for just a moment.

"It's so cute. I want it so much..." I whispered to myself, making sure no one had heard it either. I attempted to stride away but Harry had kept me in the place, keeping me firmly in place. He marches over to the vendor and pays him the required amount. My face turns red with embarrassment as Harry misses two out of five of his shots already. I tug on his shirt to get his attention.

"You don't have to do this for me." I reasure, giving him a deep smile. Harry runs his fingers through his brown curly hair and groans.

"Yeah, but I want to get it so badly." Harry argues lightly, trying not to start a fight. Harry hands the venor more money for another chance as I ask him.

"Why do you want to get the bear so badly? I'm the one who wants it." I back at him. He looks at me as if I should know the reason behind his persistence.

"That's exactly why I wanna get it. Cause it's you." He answers nonchalantly, making my stomach flip. A smile appeared on my face, never seeming to want to leave. I wrap Harry into a light kiss, sparks dance through my veins.

"Thanks." I grinned stupidly. In return he smiled at me. Harry then scored and hit the last one of the cans, indicating that the bear was ours.

Harry jumps up and down like a kid on Christmas seeing as he knocked all the cans down.