The Competition

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

It had been a rather boring week and a half for Zero, all he had done was train. Leo was with his dad and Jake, also training. Mira was always doing something around the Company, no one really knows what. But putting all that aside, Zero had been working his ass off. He had been pushing himself to his limits trying to catch up to Leo.

But none of that mattered as it was now the day before the compaction, and almost no one in the Company had said a single word. They were all picturing what it would be like, and who would be there. They were certainly five miles away from the meeting point, which can only be reached on foot. This wasn't a problem for anyone in the company, as they had all been through hell and back.

Most of them didn't seem bothered in the least, not even Jake seemed to mind it. Only the youngest were bothered by this. "How much longer do we have to walk!?" One of the children yelled from the back of the pack. He was quickly silenced by a few of his friends.

Leo, who was at the front of the group, stopped in his tracks and stared in awe at a large arena in the middle of the valley below them. As all the others came upon the edge of the cliff, there was a large gasp from almost everyone. "It's bigger then I remember." Leo said in a bored tone.

The area was at least three stories tall, and probably covered four times as much space as the Roman Catholicism. On the north end of the arena there was a sleeping quarters that could hold the whole population of New York. On the west side there was a huge swimming pool, for what reason, no one knows. Considering that no one here would be swimming. Surrounding the other two sides were large pine trees, that had several wild animals standing at the edge of the forest.

"Wow, that's awesome! Can we have one!?" Jake yelled and jumped up and down in glee. Mira loosened her hold on Leo's arm, and looked at Jake in irritation. "Jake think about what you just asked. Now tell me, do you really think we have the room for something like that?" Mira asked as if she was talking to a child.

His face soon took on a look of sadness as he shook his head. "Let's just get checked in, I wanna take a nap." Leo growled in a sleepy voice. He took a a few steps forward before everyone else followed behind him. "How long has it been since you got some sleep?" Mira asked as they made there way to the arena. Leo just shrugged and kept walking, he hadn't been keeping up with time, so he didn't know for sure.

Soon they were standing in front of the receptionist's desk. Behind the desk stood a man around the age of twenty, he had bright blue hair with dark brown eyes. His arms and face were covered in small scares. "How may I help you?" The man asked in a cheery voice. Zero told him that they would be needing rooms, so the man quickly assembled the keys. Soon they were all fast asleep in there rooms.

THE NEXT DAY

Leo, Jake and Zero were all in Mira's room putting on their leather armor. Why they were in Mira's room, no one knows. Each set of armor was different, Zero's was all black with small snake like designs all across it, and only covered his right arm, both legs and his chest. Jake's covered the same body parts except his was dark blue, with no designs at all. When asked why he didn't want designs on his, he simply said he like the way it looked plain.

Leo's armor covers both arms, his chest and both legs. It was a dark blood red, the shoulder pads were shaped like she head of a lion. He had a hood that was covered in long golden fur, making it look like a lion's mane when it was down. As they lased up their combat boots, all matching the color of the armor, there was a knock on the door. "It's open!" Jake yelled as he stoode up and headed toward the bathroom. The door slowly opened to reveal Leo's dad with a huge case strapped to his back. The case was easily as wide as he was and dam near twice his height, it stuck out over his head by at least four feet.