Chapter 22

"What?" Piero said shocked. 

"That...that means...you knew her before!" Jonas continued.
"I'm afraid I did. But unfortunately...again...that's all I can remember. I started to feel angry at myself. "I am so stupid!" I said, slapping my fist on my leg. Like I was already punishing myself for the horrible things I did before.
"Wait..." Jonas said. "It doesn't automatically mean, the story she claims as a truth is really...the truth!" I didn't think about that at first, but that was indeed possible too. "I would like to see that bitch!" Piero said in between. "I want too see her ugly face and tell the whole world she's a bad bad person!" He really was mad at her. It was an honor to have him as a friend. He was always there for me or for anyone else close to his heart. "You don't need to do that for me!" I said. "I am probably the bad guy myself." Piero didn't agree at all. "Nooo! Don't believe it! You are doing it again! Please believe in your innocense!" I tried to, but of course it was not evident. "I cannot believe in myself if I'm not a 100% sure I didn't cheat on Aline. She is such a perfect person. I would never forgive myself!"

Jonas suddenly came towards me and pulled something from after the bed. "What's that?" Piero said. But I already saw what it was. Jonas laid his finger on his lips to give us the sign we had to be quiet. Piero made an 'Oh' expression but that changed quickly when he really realized what it was, into a shocked face. Jonas took a paper and a pen from the nightstand and started writing. "Should I take it away or should we play the game with her?" I pointed to both things. Piero nodded. Jonas immediately understood what to do. "So," he said a bit too happy from excitement, "we are going home, isn't it, Piero?" 

"Yes! I have a few things to do there," he said although his home was in Sicily.
They walked out of the room and I didn't feel comfortable anymore, with those listening device after my bed. But I didn't think she was going to come because it was christmas and there still was a chance that a lot of other people would come and visit me. I took my phone and sent a message to Jonas. "She is never going to come now. It's christmas! The chance that other people come is way to big. She won't come, believe me."

Aline's POV

I sat on the plane to Italy. The sadness was almost fully gone when I stared to the beautiful blue sky. Above the clouds there's always sunshine! You see that when you rise above them. That was exactly what I needed to do! I needed to be stronger than the problems. I had to believe everything would end in a good way. And of course I had to believe in Gianluca! He was one of the most beautiful people on this planet! Unfortunately, other people weren't always good, not like him. So I knew it for sure! Gianluca would never do such a thing and that chiara was just a very bad person. I didn't even need to know the truth! I just knew she was bad.

I wanted to show him I really loved him, just by being myself. He would know the difference between me and her fast enough.   

Gianluca's POV

30 seconds later Piero and Jonas came inside again. "Where were you hiding actually?"
"Oh, just around the corner a bit further," Piero said. "So you were actually really planning on putting your head around the corner the whole time till you would see a blond girl you didn't know, would enter the room? On christmas day!"

Jonas smiled and I saw he felt kinda dumb because of not being the smartest one for once. "Okay, that was a stupid idea actually!" he said. "Eh..." Piero tried to get our attention by waving heavily with his hands in the direction of the end of my bed. When we looked at him, he pointed to the listening device. Of course...that was not made inactive yet. Jonas immediately ran to it and pulled it out of where it came from. He checked if it was certainly not working anymore. "That's done!" he said. "We will never be the best detectives in the world!" I said. "Just give me another chance!" Piero said seriously, while I was laughing with it. "You get as much chances as you want!" I said. "As long as we can unmask Chiara!"

"Let's stay tonight!" Piero said, immediately starting to explain his next plan. "She always comes at night when nobody else is here, you said!" He was right but this time it was different. "Yeah, but now she knows we have found her listening device!"
"Hmm, that's right. Maybe that was not a well-reasoned step in 'mission Chiara'. But still I think that's the most logical thing to do right now."
"Okay! I'm in!" Jonas said. "Woohoow, sleepover!" I said sarcasticly. "I promise..you'll love it!" Piero said, smiling. "Specially the moment when we catch the enemy! Hahaa!" He was very combative, for sure. "On the other hand, it's still christmas so it isn't a dumb idea at all. And the others will never think it's weird," Jonas said. "No, they might join us!" I laughed. "Let's hope not!" Piero said.

"Okay, we'll do it," I agreed, "but it's still christmas so don't hope too much that she will come."

That afternoon

We tried to make the best of it. Apparently the sleepover already started, they brought delicious things and sat on my bed. "So tell me...Piero," I said, leaning forward and looking him straight into the eyes, "who is your girlfriend?" He looked shocked but happy at the same time. "Sofia!" he said immediately. "She's called Sofia!" He definitaly was head over heals in love. "Wait...does our little Piero has a girlfriend?" Jonas asked a bit shocked. I nodded happily. "He just told me a few days ago!" "Congratulations my little friend!"

"Stop calling me like that!" he laughed. "I'm not that litlle!"
Jonas laughed, ready to give him an answer. "I'm one meter and 86 centimeters. You?"
"Haha," Piero said sarcasticaly. "Boys, stop arguing. Piero, now, tell us more about her!" I interrupted their little but funny fight.
"Oh, she's gorgeous and tall and..." Jonas giggled, certainly another 'little' joke popped up in his head. Piero ignored it, way too bussy thinking about his girl. "...blond and sooo beautiful she could be on the cover of a magazine! Not to forget that she is very friendly and sweet!"

"Wait?" I said shocked. "Do you remember how I described Chiara?"