Chapter 1

Just telling you guys this, C: plz don't curse in my book in the comments. It would mean a lot to me if you guys wouldn't curse in the comments. Thanks.

Chapter 1

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

A deafening ring began to go off in my ear, scaring the jellybeans out of me and almost waking me up. Seeing how that was its job, I was going to allow its terrifying beeping to slide this time. Next time though, it was getting thrown out my apartment window.

I sluggishly tried to find the snooze button to allow me to sleep just a little longer; my hand knocking into several different things on my nightstand. Finally finding the snooze button I pulled at the blanket laying it back over me. I allowed myself to be wrapped in the consuming darkness, otherwise known as sleep.

Looking around I only saw an endless abyss of comforting black. I took a few steps forward, but it only seemed as if I was walking in place. I looked around and then noticed a small dot of light further ahead. I started walking towards the light, but it only seemed to get further away the more I walked towards it. Suddenly the light seemed to rush towards me and momentarily blind me, as the light devoured me.

Blinking my eyes open I looked around and saw familiar scene play out. A child giggling as her mother blew bubbles of all different sizes, on a picnic blanket in the middle of the green scenery of a park. The sounds of children laughing as they ran and played filled the air. The sound of old people chuckling to each other while they watched the children play was there, but drowned out by the giggling of the children. I walked over to the mother and daughter, a ghost of a smile appeared on my lips.

"Marley," chuckled the mother to her daughter, "you can't eat the bubbles, you will get sick from the soap."

The small child, who was called by Marley, smiled at her mother... my mother.

I looked at my younger self in the dream; I knew that this was going to be one of the last few good memories I had of my mother.

The mother looked at me and smiled.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I woke up with a start, the annoying scream of my alarm clock trying to get my attention and it had successfully done its job. I was trying not to think of the memories I had when I was younger, knowing that soon after that... the happiness ended.

I sat up and groggily opened my eyes trying to find the alarm clock to shut it off and go back to sleep once again. Blinking my eyes a few times I finally looked at the clock and the time said, 10:13. My eyes grew to be about the size of golf balls and I threw the blankets off of me in a hurried attend to get out of bed. Only to get stuck in the sheets, that had tangled around my feet.

I began to untangle the sheets as I muttered under my breath, "Crap, I'm so freaking lazy. Why did I silence my alarm in the first freaking place?"

I had completely forgotten about walking Casey and how I set the alarm early to get an extra long walk into the day.

I suddenly heard the clicking of claws coming up my stairs. Then a large grey blur jump onto my full size bed. A slimy tongue began to attack my face leaving disgusting saliva trails.

"Ughhh... Casey, get off, my face is not a Popsicle." I groaned while trying to shove Casey's fat head and slobbery tongue away from my face. Every time I got her a few inches away she would slip her head down and I would lose my grip, allowing her to attack my face with her vicious tongue once again. Suddenly she flopped on top of me and rolled over showing me her tummy, trying to get me to rub her belly. I sighed deeply and smiled at the cutie, my hand began to rub her belly. I quickly earned more weight on top of me as she wiggled playfully.