Chapter 3

(The picture is of one of Marley's friends Nat, next chapter it will be a pic of one of her friends and so forth.)

Chapter 3

The burn was real. The burn was a stupid jerk. I could feel the freaking burn.

"If you can feel the burn your doing good, that's the calories being burned." I yelled across to my class. The class contained about 10-12 people, who currently were really sweaty.

Currently we were doing high knees and then after this we will be doing a few other things and then class will end.

From the corner of my eye I could see Kian looking through the window and watching the class.

He sometimes did that, maybe to check up on me and the people but I don't know.

***

Class had already ended and I currently was slurping down water as the people in the room left to finish their days. I had already told them I would like them to work on a few moves and stuff so I didn't need to stop any of them.

Kian then entered the room just after everyone had left.

"Hey Marley, how was class?"

"Good, good, how was visiting your mom?"

He groaned when I asked him that question and he responded with, "She freaking had a problem with everything I did. Your hair looks like a hobo, you are to healthy, can't you be a lawyer, why can't you be like your father. Every single thing in my life was wrong. By the way she says hi."

I smiled and said, "How is she?"

"She has the eyes and ears of a hawk and loves Florida."

I chuckled and said, "She sounds like she is still a firecracker."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh yes, she is. And she complains about her hip hurting and having no teeth all the time."

I laughed loudly and said, "She has no teeth?"

"No, she still has teeth they are just old."

"She's just older and you know you love her."

"Yea, yea I do love that old crazy woman. So how was watching the gym? Not to hard?" He allowed me to watch the gym while he was gone on this trip for a week and he only got back 2 or 3 days ago. He and I were actually really good friends and we didn't just have a boss and employee relationship. We actually enjoyed each other's company. But we were NOT anything more than friends, yea I didn't like him like that.

"Watching the gym was a piece of cake, the only thing was this old guy came in and was yelling about the gym being too 'healthy' and other crap. Oh also, are we still on for pizza tonight? I invited Zoe and Nat to come also."

Kian shook his head and said, "Sorry about the old guy, but I'm glad the gym was easy to take care of." He smiled and then said, "Yea, I'm still planning on coming. And it's fine if Zoe and Nat come. They are generally fun; unless Nat is in a bad mood then she is a jerk face. Oh also my mom said she want you to come visit her next time. We can split the difference if you do come. She would kill me if you couldn't afford to go and I didn't help."

"Yea, when Nat is in a mood she is not pleasant but from what I gathered this morning when we texted she is in a good-ish mood. Also I have enough money to fly if we can make a plan over the next holiday break. But I don't want your money, I don't want help. I can deal with everything on my own."