Chapter 12

Abby P.O.V.

After the doctor left I broke down sobbing, I couldn't loose Zayn. I heard a pair of feet and then someone put there hand on my shoulder. I looked up at them and it was Harry, I got up and he wrapped me in a tight embrace. 

"H-Harry he's g-gone."

 "Please don't say that."

"I d-don't know w-what I'm going to do."

***

After we told the boys that Zayn had 3 hours to live we were all taken in to say our goodbyes. By that time Perrie arrived and now she's a complete mess along with me. I was told that since I'm family I should be the first to say goodbye but I said no and let Perrie go first. She hugged me and thanked me. To be honest I wanted to be the last to go, the last one to say goodbye to my brother. Soon enough everybody else said goodbye to Zayn and it was my turn to go last. I walked down the hallway, terrified of what's to happen next, to me, to our family, to One Direction. I turned the knob to see my brother Zayn lying there in the hospital bed with tubes attached to him. I almost broke down crying right there but I didn't because there was a nurse there doing something to him. I sat down where everybody else did before, I saw the nurse leave so we could have some privacy. 

"Zayn-" I took his hand and held it "I love you so much, you've a-achieved so much I'm p-proud of you. When y-you leave me today that dosen't mean that you-you'll leave my memories. I love you Zayn Javadd Malik." I said as I wiped away the tears and the doctor came in briefly to tell me something.

"Ma'am, I have good news, when I was in here and testing your brother there is a new medicine, we've only used it once and there are risks but if it does work then it will most definitely help your brother. Do you want to try it?"

"Y-yes." And with that the doctor brought in a needle and inserted it into Zayn's arm I could see him shifting around and moving, I let go of his hand

"Why did you let go?" He said, whispering it and his voice even cracked from lack of water. The doctor noticed it and rushed right over to him. 

"I love you Zayn but I'll be right back." He just smiled at me. I ran out of the room and into the small waiting area I could see Harry stand up from his seat and I hugged him as tight a I could. 

Harry P.O.V. 

She hugged me as tight as she ever could, which might I add that it was very tight. I guess Zayn just passed, I know that we'll have to take it day by day. I looked at Louis and he nodded and she whispered something into my ear.

"He'll be ok." That very moment I froze, I felt like I couldn't even move. She pulled away and I kept in that position and everybody looked at me weird

"He'll be ok, the doctor gave him some kind of medicine and it does have risks but he said that he'll be ok and he's woken up and talked to me though." She said, I can't believe it. Zayn will be fine. I finally sat down and put my head in my hands. 

***

Zayn was feeling stronger after a couple of hours and everybody decided to go home except for Abby and me. We were sitting in the hospital room and Zayn was looking at me and Abby was watching the fans from the window.

"Abby- why don't you and Harry go home." Zayn said and he looked down at his lap and Abby looked at him.

"Ok, love you." She said as she hugged him. She walked over towards me and I looked at her eyes, they were red and puffy. She pulled up her hair again so it didn't look as messy. But in my mind she would just a beautiful. I looked around the room and spotted the two pairs of sunglasses that I brought. I knew there were going to be paparazzi and fans and so I brought some sunglasses to block off all the bright flashes. I grabbed the glasses and Abby grabbed my hand and looked at me with pleading eyes. We walked out of the room and towards the entrance. She stopped me and looked at me.

"Harry, I'm scared this is my first time with a crowd like this and my brother's in the hospital which kinda puts more on me." I looked her straight in the eye and kissed her.

"You'll be fine, I promise I'll protect you." She nodded and I looked at the crowd and there was a good 3k-5k girls out there.

Abby P.O.V.

I kept holding onto Harry and hoping for the best. When we got outside everything got ten times louder. Harry waved and stopped to sign a few things and then we got into the car and headed home. The ride home was silent. When we got there it was just us nobody else was there. We decided to go into his room. When we got into his room something seemed different about it. Harry had a small porch that lead outside, so it was like a balcony. We stepped outside Harry spun me around to where I was facing him. 

"I don't know how I got so lucky." He said as he rested his forehead against mine. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You put up with so much, you can deal with these kinds of situations so easily, you just don't ever complain about me either." He then connected our lips and they moved perfectly in sync. I pulled away and moved over to the railing and put my arms on the railing and then I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder. 

"I feel like after so much I can finally have a peaceful night." I said as I unwrapped myself from him and and went back into his room and found a pair of small shorts and a white t-shirt and changed into it. He gave me a confusing look, the time was only 9:00 but I was still exhausted. Finally he understtod and changed into boxers and jumped into bed with me. I laid my head on his chest to hear his heart beat speed up. He put his arm around me and eventually we fell asleep and ended up on our sides with his arm wrapped tightly around my waist.