Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The next day I found myself sitting alone at the school's library. I was reading this book that I fancied at the contemporary bookshelf when the bell rang for dismissal.

"Everyone, the library's closing down in about 10 minutes." The librarian announced. Her raspy voice echoed.

I giggled at my seat thinking how funny she sounded. I mean there was about three people in this library. And that already included me and her. The other one's a jock who I think was just lost. I guess students weren't just that interested in reading books there anymore. Besides, it was a Friday so what do you expect? Everyone was probably looking forward for a party later that night.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and proceeded on exiting the library. Then suddenly my phone vibrated from my pocket. The silly old ringtone came echoing through the deserted school hallways as I pressed the msg box.

Text Message
Fri, Nov 20, 5:29pm

Miles, at my place ASAP!
From Selena

What for? I texted back.

Emergency. She replied within a heartbeat.

I was about to reply when my body came in contact with something hard, causing my iPhone to drop at the floor.

"Watch it!" I looked up and saw Justin who shot daggers at me.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "Didn't saw you there." I quoted him from yesterday's encounter with him.

He just walked pass me, leaving me there crouching to get my iPhone from the floor. Wow, what a gentleman.

***

"I thought you meant emergency as EMERGENCY," I exclaimed at my best friend who was shuffling through a pile of clothes.

"This is an emergency," she said.

"Well I thought of it more of 'a cat fell from the tree' or 'a lost bullet came flying through my window' kind of emergency." I sighed as I collapsed on Selena's satin sheeted bed. Selena's parents were actually filthy rich and her room was about half the size of our entire house.

"Uh yeah but I think this is really an emergency too,"

I snorted. "Uh yeah because looking for an outfit for tonight's party is an emergency indeed," I mocked her.

She stood up and held two dresses for me to see. One was a black sequined dress that reached mid thighs and the other one was red that had about the same length as the black one but this one's not sequined, instead it had sleeves.

"Which one's pretty?" she asked me.

"I think the black one is cute," I said genuinely.

Her eyebrows shot up and she gave me a wide smile. "Great, you're wearing it." She said quickly as she tossed the dress to me.

"What?!" I asked in shock with the dress in my lap.

"You. Are. Wearing. It." She repeated every word as if I did not catch what she said the first time.