Chapter 24 - The Business World

"Momoi Chiharu," Chiharu whispered to the announcer.

Grandma Koji had briefed Chiharu on all the formalities she needed in order to introduce herself. Although it was a party run by the Azuma firm, it was going to be in Kyoto. Therefore to save Grandma Koji and Uncle Kota the trouble of travelling to Kyoto to attend the party, Chiharu would go in their place. Likewise she had heard Akashi was going to attend in his father's stead.

However, it was Chiharu's first party. She did not dare introduce herself as a close relative of the Azuma Firm. Therefore she only gave her name and not title away.

The announcer's eyes widened at the unknown girl. He coughed slightly before whispering back. 

"Miss, are you sure you were invited here? This is an important party held by Azuma Firm."

"It's ok, I was invited," she replied to the man. 

The man nodded unsurely.

"Momoi Chiharu!" he announced. 

Chiharu flushed at the attention she was given. She had realised that everybody at these parties knew each other. Any stranger was therefore given the utmost attention.

Don't panic. Don't panic.

Chiharu's heart almost exploded at the bright lights and the stares she was given. She had never properly been introduced as a member of the Azuma household and thus no one knew her.

Akashi had better be thankful. 

Chiharu had debuted in the business world just for his sake.

She looked ahead, her maroon and violet gown glistening in the light. She admired Alex's handiwork and Chiharu hoped that she wouldn't mess anything up.

But as expected, the bright lights on her face opened a whole knew world to Chiharu. Her head began to spin as she found herself amidst a cacophony of noise; chatter and music. People rushed by her as she found herself being pushed closer to the middle then back to the sides. In the traffic of people she felt her whole world end.

Chiharu fell, tripping over her long gown as she collapsed from the heels she had been trying to get used to for the past hour. She squeezed her eyes shut in embarrassment and pain.

She screwed up.

Chiharu almost died in humiliation as she felt all eyes on her. But before she could crash onto the floor, her body was caught and pulled up by a strong arm. She looked up to see a heavily puffing red-haired male.

"Don't ever make me see that again!" Akashi exclaimed, his brows creased in a frown as he wiped the the sweat that had gathered in that one moment where Chiharu fell.

"Why are you here?!" cried Usami's screechy voice as she ran in after Akashi.

The announcer only needed one glance at Akashi's red hair before he introduced the pair.

"The Akashi Corporation's heir, Akashi Seijuro. The Usami Branch's heir, Usami Yukin."

All eyes were at them, or more specifically directed at Akashi. 

He had, after all, run in at full speed to catch Chiharu from falling. Immediately a crowd around them grew, ignoring the never seen before Chiharu and bypassing the small Usami branch's heir.

"Akashi-san."

"Seijuro-san."

"Akashi-kun."

Those names droned in and out of Chiharu's head as the crowd swarmed around her and towards Akashi. Akashi's hold on her released as he got mobbed by the crowd.