Chapter 20: The Dream Come True

Jordan's smirk unsettled me. Aiden was with a couple guys that I recognized from their football team. In desperation to avoid anymore drama, I quickly tried to escape to the nearest hiding place, but Jordan was faster than me.

"Oh no you don't!" Jordan laughed, and caught my arm and pulled me close to him. I tried with all my might to squirm out of Jordan's embrace.

"Jordan what are you doing."  I said though a tight smile.

"I promise it'll work, just go with it!" He laughed. I sighed in surrender to another of his, quote on quote, brilliant plans.

"Okay what are we doing then?" I said impatiently.

"Follow me!" He pulled my arm and we sat at the nearest table. He pulled me onto his lap, I took a sharp intake of breath from the sudden shock.

"Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god. What am I doing?" I said in low quick whispers. Jordan chuckled at my panicking. He kissed me on the cheek and gave a big hug. Momentarily I laughed and then caught my self. I could feel Aiden's stare burning though me.

"I knew it." Jordan whispered in my ear laughing.

"What?"  I said frantically with ice cream in my mouth.

"He's going to murder me, here he comes!" He said barely containing his excitement. He took his last bite from his Banana split casually.

"What?" I shrieked in horror. I suddenly heard someone clear their throat. I turned around on Jordan's lap to see Aiden towering over me. The sun was glaring on my face so I motion my hand as a visor over my eyes. Then saw the deadly look on Aiden's face. He had no right to be angry. Who the heck did he think was?

"Can I help you?" I said a little harsher than I meant it to come out. I felt Jordan stifle a laugh

"Madds can I talk to you, in private?" Aiden said more to Jordan than me. I was going to protest when Jordan lifted me off his lap.

"I'll be by the car it you need me. If you need anything just call." He smirked. Then gave Aden a warning look. Aiden maintained his composure with effort. Once Jordan was gone I broke the silence.

"Aiden what do you want? You've made it clear you never want to talk to me again!" I said indifferently but inside the heart was breaking more, if that was even possible.

"The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense. You told me Jordan was like your brother so what the heck is going on. You owe me an explanation." He demanded. I laughed abruptly.

"I...owe you...an explanation? Aiden I don't owe you anything. I was freely going to give you an explanation before you completely blew me off. Let's make that perfectly clear."  I said angered.

"Well I'm listening now." He retorted.