Chapter 24: The Shack That Still Scares

If there is one thing I've learned, it is that revenge is never a good thing. Sure, it feels good at the time. When you're plotting, you feel like the world's greatest villain, evil laugh and all, however; vengeance is a two way street, and you can find yourself pretty deep if you're not careful.

I found myself enjoying the practice that morning a little too much. I mean everything we did in training had to happen, but it was way too fun to see their faces when I would say fifty laps, and two-hundred push-ups. I really didn't consider this too much of a vengeance strike though.

"Hey, Maddy do you mind taking it easy on us, it is our first day." Jordan begged through his deep breaths. He was the first to finish his fifty laps.

"I'd really love to, but I think you guys have had enough vacation. Besides the faster you get into it the easier it's gonna get over time." I smiled politely "You've only got two weeks." I added Jordan rolled his eyes.

"Cut the crap Maddy, just admit you enjoying this at least a little bit." Jordan stood with his hands on his waist, finally regaining his composure again.

"Well, I must admit that this is a little fun to watch, considering that I do this almost on  a daily basis. I figured being football players and all that you'd be able to do this." I laughed.

"Oh really,you do this everyday? How come this is the first time I hear about it?" He asked accusingly, clearly in disbelief

"You never asked." I replied simply with a smile. I had to admit that I had missed some days in the past few months considering, but my Dad taught me how to train from since I was a kid. The workouts have kind of been a ritual more than a necessity. I try not to break it often, but I'm not planning on trying out for a college football team any time soon, so I have less to worry about then they do, if a day is skipped.

"I'll remember to ask more questions from now on." Jordan said with a smirk while fixing his shoes and socks.

"Feel free to ask, but I wont guarantee you an answer, if you catch my drift." I said smiling as I took notes on my clipboard. I saw some pretty ugly flaws in these guys concerning their overall commitment to training, but I also saw some awesome skills in them too, although I wouldn't tell them that, just yet.

"Heard it loud and clear. So what is the next fear inducing task for the day?" He said dramatically. For a second I wanted to feel bad for him, but then I remembered why I was here, and I thought I would make him suffer a tiny bit longer.

"I was thinking of hitting the obstacle course out there. The military equipment out there is sick." I replied impressed, while Jordan's face dropped in dread. "Gosh, I'm kidding it's lunch time." I laughed. He closed his eyes and chuckled in pure relief. Yup the look on his face made this whole thing worth it.

"You got me." He sighed and laid down on the floor while the others finished their last laps.

"You know what else I got?" I smiled as I loomed over his relaxed position. My shadow was casted over his face. Once he didn't feel the sun he opened his eyes.

"What's that?" He said casually, With his head resting on his palms.Letting his eyes shut again.

"That you only did forty-nine laps." I said with a smirk.

"Awe come on Maddy. How did you know?" He began, sounding annoyed and then his statement ended in disbelief.

"Like I'm going to tell you. It's been an ancient coaching technique for like forever. I not going to spill the beans." I said laughing. I was probably over selling it a bit, but it was a secret my Dad told me once. What most people don't know is that if a coach learns to read lips...like I so expertly do, He or she can pretty much know everything. When athletes are training they tend to mouth out things. For instance, the number of laps they've done so far. It doesn't take a genius just to observe. So, most of the time coaches knows.