Chapter 21: Moment Of Truth: Test Failure

I saw the van already waiting for me outside. I continued crying but I was also wiping my tears off my face, trying not to make it noticible. As I opened the van door at the back, Goma, Joaquin, Abigail, and Ryzza were laughing but stopped after they looked at me and saw I was wiping tears off my face. They all knew there was something wrong. As I hopped in to take my back seat behind Abigail and Ryzza, all the way at the back of the van alone, I think Goma had something for me, there was a paper bag between him and Joaquin's seats, on the console between the both of them, I'm not really sure if it was for me though. "Ok ka lang Celine"? Goma asked me as I put my seatbelt on at the back, while the 3 Manansala kids were looking back at me. "Ok ako." "Celine, meron lima pink lemonade cans, in this paper bag, they're for all of us, here's one for you. Goma passed me a can of pink lemonade to me while I was sitting at the back. "Salamat Goma," I said to him. "Wala yan." I started crying again, as Goma started the van while we started driving home to the mansion. I just couldn't keep it in. I had to let it out. As soon as we arrived, us 4 got off while Goma was still stopping the van. I quickly took the outdoor staircase down to where the maids rooms were, so I could go to mine. Joaquin, Abigail, and Ryzza stared at me while I quickly ran away from them. Crying and wiping tears again, I finally arrived to my room door, I opened my door, quickly closed it, hung my bag on my bunk bed, and leaned my face against the door, as I also leaned my forehead on one arm on the door. Of course, I was still crying. I just decided to cry while sitting on the bottom bunk of my bed. Suddenly, Ryzza opened my door and walked up to me while I was sitting, Abigail followed. "Ryzza, why didn't you knock"? "Ah, it's ok lang," I said to Ryzza and Abigail. Ryzza stood in front of me while I was sitting, and she held my shoulders. Abigail kneeled beside Ryzza. "Yaya Celine, ok ka lang"? Ryzza asked as I was crying. "Ok lang." "Medyo not ok actually, salamat sa inyo lahat, Ryzza pati ikaw Abigail." "Hindi ko makapasa sa provincial university exam, lamang ako nakakuha ng 74%, habang ang aking ate Clarisse nakakuha ng 91%." "Ikaw ay hindi nag-aaral Hermosa hindi na, ito"? Abigail asked. I nodded. Both Abigail and Ryzza hugged me. "Maraming salamat sa inyo' lahat, o, pumunta gawin ang anumang kailangan mong gawin ngayon, ito ay ok." Ryzza and Abigail smiled and left my room, and then shut the door. Then, somebody knocked the door. "Buksan, open." "Celine"? Joaquin asked as he was between the door, he half-opened the door. He went to sit beside me on the bottom bunk. "Celine, ok ka lang, bakit ikaw ay umiiyak"? "Hindi ko pumasa." "Ano"? "Bakit"? "Sa provincial university exam"? "Oo, totoo hindi ko pumasa." "Anong percentage mo"? "74%." "Oh." "Ok yan, mga pagsusulit ay hindi madali." "Ate Clarisse ng pumasa, sha 91%." "Ikaw Joaquin, ng pumasa ka"? "Sana hindi ko sabihin, nasaktan ka." "Sabihin mo Joaquin, it's ok lang." "Ang parehong bilang Clarisse, 91%." "Congrats sa inyo Wacky, sana pumasa 'ko." "You get to stay in Malaya." "I don't know what I'm going to do now, si Mamabear, she has no money, she can't afford any other University for me to go to." "Hermosa is one of the cheapest." "Tama, ok lang." Joaquin left. Suddenly, I got a text message.

It read:

From: Clarisse Aquino

"I told Mamabear about the test results." "She's not mad, she will find a brand-new university for you." "Walang problema, ok ka lang"? "Kumusta ka"?

I replied and said, "ok lang."

Later that evening, it was the usual daily routine and schedule as typical, ordinary Yaya Celine Roselle Aquino, I served the Manansala family dinner, while Ethel and Tarantina and the other maids would help me. Later that evening after dinner, I told Ma'am Kris, Ethel, Tarantina, and Goma about the upsetting news that I failed the Provincial University Test, and they tried over their personal best to comfort me. Tarantina is a very grumpy, rude person but she actually is caring sometimes. "Celine, what are you going to do now"? Maam' Kris asked me. "Pumunta ka sa bagong University"? Ethel asked. "Eh, walang pera si Mamabear dao," Tarantina exclaimed to the rest of them. "Celine, I'm going to offer you something," boss Kris told me. "Ho"? I asked confused. We were all sitting at the dining table circulating out eyes at each other, all looking at each other confused, not knowing what Maam' Kris had meant. "Celine, since I have alot of money, I can offer you a scholarship, for any brand-new university you would now like to attend to, except you can't go to Hermosa anymore, gusto mo"? "Ay Ma'am Kris maraming maraming salamat, pero medyo nahihiya ako"! "Ay Celine, wala yan." "Walang isang problema yan, I understand that you don't have enough money to pay and register for a new university, I can give you a scholarship." "Maam Kris, ang bait-bait mo, o sige, maraming maraming salamat sa inyo' lahat, sabihin ko' sa Mamabear at ate Clarisse ko." "Maam Kris, ang rich-rich mo talaga, hehe." "Ay Celine, hehe ." "Celine, gusto mo maga-aral sa Malaya University"? "Po, Malaya University"? "Lahat pera yun"! "One of the best universities sa buong mundo, school ni Joaquin at Nina"? "Oo, bakit, I don't think that would be a problem, because kaibigan mo si Joaquin at Nina, tama"? "Oo, walang problems yan, it's ok lang." "Sige, Malaya University, maraming salamat Ma'am Kris"! "No problem Celine, I will contact Malaya as soon as possible and register you, can I use all your information from your interview files you gave me when I interviewed you to be Ryzza's Yaya"? "Oo siyempre, salamat again, I'll phone Mamabear and ate later on." "Ok," Maam Kris said. Who would ever know I would end up going to Malaya University? Who would ever know I would end up going to school with my crush? Who would ever know I would end up going to school with my alaga's brother? Who would ever know I would end up going to school with my crush's girlfriend? Who would ever know I would end up going to school with my alaga's brother's girlfriend? This isn't bad, I just don't know how this is gonna turn out going to school with Joaquin Manansala, who doesn't like me, and I also annoy him for some reason, and Nina Velasco, who is my friend, but I'm kinda jealous because she's the girlfriend of my crush. Nina captured Joaquin's heart, what can I do? Well that's love for you...