Chapter 11: Nina's Special Moment

Nakakuha kami ng bahay ng isang mahabang oras ang nakalipas, nagkaroon kami tanghalian at bagay-bagay. Ito ay gabi ngayon, Nina ay darating sa lalong madaling panahon. Nina is coming soon, Joaquin was getting his anniversary gift for Nina ready. I wanted Nina to have a very special moment even though I was jealous, so I asked Ryzza and Abigail not to disturb them, while Joaquin presented his gift to Nina. Maam' Kris had arrived. "O Celine, kumusta ka, how was your first day"? Maam greeted me. "Okay na lang, maraming salamat sa taong mo Maam' Kris, good girl si Ryzza eh, walang isang problema." I told her. "Oh that's good, how was the mall, did Ryzza and Abigail buy anything"? "Wala eh, except for Joaquin." "Oo, I know". "Joaquin bought a few gifts for his girlfriend Nina, since it is their anniversary, I think you heard already right"? "Ah, wapin pala Maam'." "She'll be arriving soon Celine, hehe." "Ok ka lang, Celine"? Maam' Kris asked me. I wasn't really enjoying this time or feeling ok, my crush already has a girlfriend. And I bet he loves her more than any other girl in the world, not including his mom, and siblings. I replied to maam Kris, "Medyo okay ako." Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I knew that must be Nina. It wasn't late evening yet, it was just afternoon. About almost 3:00 PM. "Hi tita Kris, kumusta ka", it was Nina, Joaquin's girlfriend, who was very charming, and surprisingly, all the things that Ryzza and Abigail stated about her looked true! Ryzza and Abigail ran to Nina at the door, and they both have Nina big hugs. Even though she was only just the girlfriend of their big brother, I could understand how and why she was so close to the other Manansalas. They loved her. Then Nina came inside and we sat her down in the living room on the couch. We all sat with her, except for Joaquin, who wasn't there yet. Maam' Kris introduced me to Nina. "Nina, this is Celine Aquino, bago Yaya kay Ryzza," Maam' Kris said. "Ay hello, it's a pleasure to meet you, Celine." "Ako si Patricia "Nina" Velasco, but you can call me Nina." Nina was very nice. I shouldn't be jealous but it's pretty hard not to when you're in love. Especially, particularly, when you're in love. "Nice to meet you to Nina," I replied to her. She did seem like a very nice, mabait clasing tao, I could see why Nina was very special to Joaquin and the Manansalas. Me, Maam' Kris, Ryzza, Abigail, and Nina sat on the couch in the living room waiting for Joaquin. "Nasan ba si Joaquin", Nina wondered. Suddenly, a handsome young man just walked into the loving room. Of course, it was Joaquin. The one and only Joaquin Manansala. He walked into the living room, Nina quickly stood up on her feet while we sat back (Me, Ma'am Kris, Ryzza, Abigail, and the whole Manansala residence household watched this magical moment, including Tarantina, Ethel, Goma, and the other maids.) Joaquin and Nina of course were born standing and smiling into each other's eyes, like in all the existing teleseryes, Nina looking up, and Joaquin smiling down. He let Nina hold the present bag. First, he took the card out, opened and held it in front of her face, and she read it with her eyes. Secondly, he took the necklace case out, Nina held all the gifts and the case in the bag, while Joaquin came standing behind Nina and put the necklace on her from behind from where he was just like in the movies. Thirdly, he went back to standing in front of her right after Nina slowly glanced down at her neck, looking at the very beautiful necklace he bought her. He took out the medium-sized bouquet of fake flowers (though it was cute because since Nina was allergic to real flowers he still bought her fake ones) and placed the bouquet in her hand, because her other hand had the gift bag with all the opened stuff still in it. Lastly, the last gift he presented out of the gift bag was a plastic treat box of mixed kutsinta and puto. Before they ate it, she went on her tippy toes and gave Joaquin a big huge hug. They were both smiling behind each others backs, as everyone was aww-ing, except for me who had their elbow on the couch laying my head sideways, happy for their anniversary and still kinda heartbroken and jealous on the inside. "Kain tayo"? Joaquin asked Nina. Nina nodded. Then the 2 went to eat the kutsinta and puto in the dining room alone. Being Ryzza's Yaya wasn't bad, except for the part where I'm still deeply very in love with her brother, who has a girlfriend. This wasn't easy.