Chapter 20: Goodbye Hermosa University (PART 2)

The next morning, Maam' Kris had already left for work already of course, while I had breakfast with the Manansala kids. Goma was going to drive me, Ryzza, Abigail, and Joaquin to school altogether, that's how it would work around here. Hermosa University wasn't so far from Malaya University, so that's good. I was not ready for the provincial test, if I fail, I will be kicked out of Hermosa. Goma first dropped off the Manansala kids, Ryzza and Abigail went to Malaya Grade/Elementary School, which was right across from Malaya University. The Manansala kids got off, as they said bye to me and Goma. We drove ahead, almost quite near Hermosa. "Ah, Celine, pumunta ka sa Hermosa University"? Goma asked me. "Oo, nanjan", I pointed. "Ah, akala ko garal ka sa Malaya tulad ng Joaquin at girlfriend na, Nina." "Goodluck sa provincial test mo, Celine," Goma said as I got off the van and slid the van door to close. "Salamat Goma, bye." As I was walking towards the entrance, I saw ate Clarisse. I ran as fast as I could on the sidewalk, to catch up to ate Clarisse. "Huy, ate Clarisse, ate, ate"! I screamed as I ran towards her. She finally heard me and turned back. "Celine, magandang umaga." "Ready ka sa provincial university exam"? "Kilig, eh." We walked together towards the entrance, I was happy that I was in the same exam room as ate. The test was the first thing in the morning, for all the Universities sa buong pilipinas, and then it was our usual, ordinairy schedule at school. Me and ate Clarisse were put in the exam room with the philosophy teacher, Miss Guinoo. We all sat in random spots, though I sat together with ate. We students each sat in desks where there were medium-sized walls built on each side of us, left and right, so none of us would cheat. Of course, the higher the grade you are, I guess it's more complicated. Well, that's what most students think. According to the rules and regulations for the Provincial University Test Exam, you have to get at least a 80% to pass. The board is very strict, anything mark below 80% is a failure, and you will be kicked out of the University you are in, and you'll have to look for another one to go to. The morning provincial test was finally done.

If I failed, I know surely it will be my fault, for not studying or doing anything that would've helped me get 80% or up. Basically, you will be able to get the test results, your test paper back right away at the end of the school day. They have the people to print it from a computer that calculates all the information.

Lunch Period: Ate Clarisse followed me to the cafeteria, we would always eat our lunch together. Sometimes, we would use our own money to buy our own lunches. Other times, we would just bring a lunch from home. Me and ate sat at a table for 2. "Celine, kain tayo." "Yup", I answered. "Ok ka lang, do you have a lunch"? "Ethel cooked pasta, she let me pack some for lunch, ikaw"? "I bought this from here with my own money, it's rice, at chaka bistig at tomato, lettuce, isang etlog." I looked down at my lunch while eating it, upset again. "Huy,'Line, ok ka ba"? "Medyo ok lang." "Medyo worried ko eh, what if I didn't pass, at chaka Mamabear has nowhere to send me." "Celine, relax ka muna." "Meron ako kilig to the bones too, don't worry, kain tayo muna." "O, sige." Me and ate Clarisse continued to finish our lunch.

Home Time: Each of us students had to return to our test exam rooms, which me and ate Clarisse came back to Miss Guinoo's classroom, we wrote the exam in the philosophy room. Miss Guinoo called each of us students in alphabetical order, she had all the papers in her hand. Each time she called someone's name, she would walk to their desk and put it facing down. I was sweating and easily nervous knowing the fact that since it was alphabetical order, and me and ate's last name was Aquino, we were some of the first to receive the test and the results back because "a" was the first letter. Only since ate Clarisse was older than me, she was the first Aquino before me. "Aquiviejo, Bea", Miss Guinoo said before ate Clarisse. I don't understand Aquino came before Aquiviejo, they probably made a mistake. "O, bakit si Bea una, at katapos si Bea, nanjan si Clarisse at Celine"? Miss Guinoo noticed it too. "Ay, wala yan, ok lang students." She went on. I was sweating alot. My palms were sweaty, especially my forehead. "Aquino, Clarisse." I WAS SO NERVOUS AND SCARED INSIDE. "Attention students, as soon as you receive your test and results, you may be dismissed and leave already," Miss Guinoo announced. It was my turn. "Aquino, Celine." Miss G placed me my test results facing down, as I turned it over slowly, my eyes got attracted to the top, it read, "PROVINCIAL UNIVERSITY TEST, then next to it was STUDENT NAME: AQUINO, CELINE AGE: 17. I looked at the right corner, where it said 74%. As I was still seated in my desk, still looking down at my mark which was 74%, I became teary eyed. I was crying, tears ran down my face as I was still sitting there. I quickly walked out of the classroom with my folded test stapled with the result sheet in my hand. I saw that ate Clarisse was waiting for me outside the classroom door. "Celine, ano, bakit"? Me and ate talked in the hallway, while no one was there. I continued to cry. "Hindi ko pumasa." "Anong percentage mo", ate Clarisse sounded concerned and felt bad. "74% lang, diba 80% at up ay isang pasadong marka"? "Lahat ng ito ay ang aking mga kasalanan, alam ko gusto ko mabibigo." "Celine naman, ito ay hindi ang iyong kasalanan." "Ito ay hindi isang madaling pagsubok." Ate Clarisse hugged me while I was still crying, while tears were running and dripping down my face. "Anong percentage mo ate"? "Ito ay pinakamahusay na kung hindi mo alam, hindi ko gusto mong huwag mag-nasaktan." "Ate, sabihin mo," as I wiped tears off my face. "91%." "Congratulations ate, you did a really good job." "O sige ate, I have to go home to the mansion now, driver Goma must be outside with the kids waiting in the van now." "Ingat ka," ate hugged me. I walked outside, the van was there  waiting for me.