Chapter 23: Welcome To Malaya University (First Day)

The next morning, I woke up very early, only because I wanted to see how this would all plan out. As usual, I was very much allowed to have breakfast with the Manansala kids, but without Maam' Kris since she leaves early for work. "Celine, nervous ka ba"? "Medyo Wacky, bakit"? "Cause you're shaking..." "Oo, alam ko." The morning was starting off good, we were all on the right track. Next, we headed to the van. This wasn't hard. As usual, Goma and Joaquin at the front, Ryzza and Abigail in the middle, and me all alone at the back, hehe. I was excited to be going to Malaya, I was very very excited! "So, Goma, Manansala's, I promised you all a surprise." "Oo, anong surprise"? The 4 yelled at me in the van while we were driving to school. "Si ate Clarisse maga-aral sa Malaya University"? Everyone was exclaiming and happy, and smiling, and screaming so so loud inside the van. "Aba, pati ate Clarisse mo ah"?!? Goma asked. "Opo driver Goma, so that it was fair, Ma'am Kris gave her a scholarship to Malaya too." Ryzza and Abigail got off the van first, then as we drove a little closer, we were here! Me and Joaquin got off the van and said bye to Goma. Then Goma drove away. Me and Joaquin started walking towards the main entrance. "Celine, nervous ka ba"? "Oo, medyo, who are your friends here"? "Sinong kaibigan mo"? "Ah, si Enrique Vega at Dominic Zaragosa." "Yun mo talaga"? "Dalawa ing kaibigan mo lang"? "Kasi, some of the popular kids are annoying, sottile, bullies, dark-humoured." "I'll tell you about them so if you encounter isang problema with them, you tell me at Nina, tama"? "Tama", I answered back to Joaquin as we were still walking on the sidewalk. "Muna, si Editha "Didith" Cristobal-Pantoja, she's evil, she and her 3-4 other barkada at kaibigan." "Ok, next." I said. "Si Kit Rosales, ang bossy nya, sottile a lalake..." "And Didith's friends, Lindsay, Miley, and Amanda." "And, Malaya's group of annoying singing boys who I don't really know." "That's it, I don't know anyone else really." "Ah, so the meanest and most talagang talaga sottile in Malaya." "Tama," Joaquin said to me. Now that he told me all this information, I could keep a look out if they try to bother me and the others. Just then, my sandal's strap became a little loose so I crouched down on the sidewalk to fix it. "Joaquin, Wacky"? But as soon as I fixed my sandal's strap I looked up and Joaquin and Nina were hugging from just a few steps away from me. I'm guessing Joaquin finally found Nina. Then, I decided to run up to the 2. "Hi Nina, kumusta ka"? "Ok lang, ikaw"? Nina gave me a hug, she was very nice. "Ok lang, medyo nervous..." "Haha, don't be." "The Malayan students are very warm, Joaquin, did you tell her about Didith, Kit, Lindsay and the others for example"? "Oo, Celine knows now."

Nina's POV:

Suddenly, I felt my MyPhone vibrate in my bag. I took it out to see who texted me. Celine, Joaquin, one sec lang. It was from our friend, Dominic Zaragosa. It read:

From: Dominic

Subject: Morning Nina

Message: Hi Nina, me, enrique, and Dominic r waiting in the gym. Bring Joaquin so we could all hang out before the classes start! Thanks, Dominic

"Guys, I got a text message from Dominic, to hang out in the gym before the classes start." "Sama ka Celine, so you could meet them and make friends with them." "GUYS"!!! "GUYS, WAIT UP"!!! It was Clarisse.

"Morning ate Clarisse," I gave ate a hug, Nina did too, and Joaquin have her a hug, hehe. But Nina was okay with it, because it was just a friendly hug, and Nina wasn't a harsh person. "O, let's go"! Joaquin told us as we started running to where the gym was, which me and ate Clarisse didn't know. "Saan kami pupunta," ate Clarisse asked me, Nina, and Joaquin. "Mag kaibigan tayo muna ate Clarisse dao," I told her. We arrived in the gym, as we walked in the gym, I looked around at how colorful the gym was. We sat down with their friends, Dominic, and Enrique. Joaquin introduced all of us to each other. "Dominic and Enrique, this is Celine Aquino, and this is Clarisse Aquino." "Hi", Enrique greeted us. "Hi kumusta"? Dominic asked. I shook hands with Dominic randomly, as Clarisse shook Enrique's hand randomly. "Clarisse and Celine, this is Enrique Vega at si Dominic Zaragosa," Joaquin said. We were all friends now. Then, we all heard the bell ring. "Ay, class time na"! I shouted and panicked, I was embarrassing myself in front of my own sister Clarisse, Nina, Joaquin, Dominic, and Enrique. "No worries Celine, we won't be late, we just can't delay any longer," Dominic told me and smiled. "Ah ok, anong first class"? Nina laughed at me. "Haha, Celine, our first class is P.E."! Nina told me. "Ah, P.E."! I said. "Celine and Clarisse, sabi ni Nanay, you're both in all the same classes with us." "Oh, ok"! Clarisse said. We, all us new friends walked to P.E.. After we all got changed into our gym clothes or equipment and stuff, we all sat down around our P.E. teacher, who was a guy. "Ok class, settle down, attendance student list muna ok"? "Celine Aquino"? "O, here po." "Clarisse Aquino"? "Here." "Dominic Zaragosa"? "Here." "Editha Pantoja"? "Here." "Joaquin Manansala"? Here. "Enrique Vega"? "Here." "Nina Velasco"? "Here." "Kit Rosales"? "Here." As Sir was still calling out attendance, I took my phone out of my bag and turned it off. "Ok class, attendance is done, completed, finished." "Ang arte-arte si Sir," I mumbled to myself. "Today we will start a lesson of simple slow dancing for P.E. class, tindihan yo"? "I will choose all your partners." "Zaragosa and Aquino," he said. I raised my hand to ask him which Aquino, me or ate Clarisse. "Ah, sir, Saan Aquino, ako, o ate Clarisse ko"? "Ikaw, Aquino." "Dominic Zaragosa and Celine Aquino, stand in the center of the classroom." I was partnered up with Dominic, yes, you could assume gusto kong maging may Joaquin, ngunit walang." Me and Dominic were the first 2 chosen, so we stood in the center facing each other.

Dominic's POV:

To be honest, the moment I saw Celine, I knew she was the one for me. Alam ko siya lamang ay isang bagong mag-aaral Malayan, ngunit ako ay handang gumawa ng kanya ang aking girlfriend sa lalong madaling panahon. I'm in love with Celine, I want to tell her that "ligawan kita." There is something about Celine Aquino, I just want to capture her heart and make her mine. Siguro siya ay mayroon ng isang kasintahan, hindi ako sigurado ngunit kung siya ay hindi Gusto ko sa lalong madaling panahon bang hilingin sa kanya kung ako pinapayagang mag-court sa kanya. To be honest, my parents, well, mostly my dad want me to be courting a girl right now. They want me to have a girlfriend. I'm 18 and they think it's quite the right time, I'll just try my best.

"Second pair, Vega and Aquino, Enrique Vega and Clarisse Aquino, stand in the center in lign with Mr. Zaragosa and Miss. Aquino numero dos."

Enrique's POV:

I'm in love with Clarisse. I just can't even. The moment I met her, the way we shook hands, I know that I'm going to make her mind. We were standing in front of each other right next to Dominic and Celine.

"Third pair, Manansala and Velasco, Joaquin Manansala and Nina Velasco." "Fourth pair, Rosales and Pantoja, Kit Rosales and Editha Pantoja." "Fifth pair, Martinez and Manalostos, Francis Martinez and Sharlene Manalostos." Coach kept going on with the pairs for the simple slow dancing lesson, I was with Dominic Zaragosa, while ate Clarisse was with Enrique Vega, Nina Velasco and Joaquin Manansala of course, and the 2 meanies were partnered up together, Rosales and Pantoja, Kit and Editha...