Chapter 13: Evening Time

Now it's already 6:15 PM, Nina has already left. Joaquin, Abigail, and Ryzza were sitting at the dining table waiting for me to serve them. Maam Kris has allowed Tarantina to take a nap, because she hasn't been feeling well. Goma is in his room, and Ethel had just finished cooking the dinner for the Manansalas down in the servants' quarters kitchen, down where the spiral stairs where. Ethel had been chosen by Maam' Kris to cook the Manansalas dinner tonight, I had to agree, because Ethel was a pretty good cook. Ethel cooked bistig as the Manansalas dinner, bistig was extra sarsa sauce and rice. I remembered how rich homes (such as mansions) were very different compared to poor homes (such as my home.) Most rich mansions, I noticed, most rich families would get served 2 separate drinks at a time, that's how it works with beverages in a rich family's house. The Manansalas do it too, 1 glass is water 1 is juice or something other rather than too big. Ethel helped me serve the kids. Maam' Kris was driven home by Goma. Me and Ethel made storya storya with the Manansalas. "Celine, what university do you go to", Joaquin asked me. "Hermosa University, ikaw"? I answered him. "Malaya University, ako pati Nina too." Joaquin was nice at the time anyway, not mischievous at the time, he was probably only in a good mood because of Nina I thought, hehe.