Chapter 18

I sat in my apartment alone. I didn't know whether to call Tyler or just leave him.
I decided not to call instead I called Josh. No surprise he answered within 2 rings.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey, what's up?" He asked.
"Um I know it's late but do you want to come over?" I asked hopefully.
"Sure, text me the address."
"Thank you." I ended the call and sent him the address.
When he got there we just sat on the couch eating popcorn and watching orange is the new black. We started talking about what happened that night.
"I still have feelings for you Pen." He said sliding closer to me on the sofa. I said nothing. He leaned in and kissed me; I didn't push him away, I kissed him back harder.
The next morning I woke up and he was next to me in my bed. I put my head in my hands and just thought: 'why did you do this Pen? You're an idiot!' I saw Josh was starting to wake up so I pretend to be asleep.
"Morning sleepy head." He said whilst lightly rocking my body. I pretended like I was only just waking up.
"Hey good morning." I said whilst fake yawning.
"I'm so happy we're finally on the same page." He said putting his arm around me. My whole body wrenched and I pretended like I needed to use the bathroom.
'What should I do? He needs to leave. I don't feel that way about him, it was an accident!' I thought to myself. I finally came up with a great excuse.
"Hey Josh I'm so sorry but there is an emergency at work and they need me down there now." I said trying to hurry him out of the house even though he was only wearing a pair of shorts.
"I'll drive you if you want." He offered.
"No no that won't be necessary." I finally got him out of the door. I put my back to the wall and slowly slide down to the floor. I still loved Tyler but he was with that skank. Josh was going to tell him we slept together. I needed to text Tyler.
'Tyler can we talk?' It only took him about 5 minutes to reply; I loved that about him.
'I'm a little busy at the moment Aspen, maybe another time.'
I felt like he had just took my heart and ripped it into a million pieces.

It was about 9pm and I couldn't handle my thoughts anymore. Over and over again in my head I replayed a scene of me in my bathroom with a knife slicing at my waist just like I used too.
I grabbed the knife from my kitchen and went into the bathroom. I shut the door but didn't bother locking it. I took off my t-shirt and I stood there in my sports bra staring at myself in the mirror; the knife in my hand.

"Hey Tyler guess what!" Josh yelled as he came through the front door.
"What Josh?" Tyler replied.
"Aspen and I slept together!" Josh's eyes were filled with excitement and joy but Tyler's filled with anger and hate. He grabbed his jacket and drove to my place. The front door was unlocked because I was too stupid to lock it. He let himself in.

I took the knife and I cut slowly and deep into my skin; the blood started trickling out down my body. I did this three times, long and deep. I dropped the knife and collapsed from blood loss.

Tyler started looking through the house for me. He got to the bathroom and opened the door. He expected me to be doing my hair or make up but instead I was on the floor lying in a puddle of my own blood. He fell to his knees and started to cry. He took his shirt off and applied pressure to my wounds. He called an ambulance. He was just holding me rocking me back and forth crying and apologising.

When the paramedics arrived there they said it would be a miracle if I was to survive. Tyler followed me in his car and waited whilst I went into emergency surgery. Whilst he was sat there anxiously waiting for my results he realised he still loved me, but it might have been too late.....

_____________________________
This was one the hardest chapters I have ever had to write
*disclaimer* this isn't from my own experiences it is from a very close friend of mine.
Hope you're enjoying the story
-Jess