First Impression

Jack

First day of junior year and honestly I'm feeling really excited. I would start my upperclassmen years off with good friends in a great school. I wouldn't call myself popular, but I do know many people and they all know me as the 'leprechaun'. On the fact that I'm Irish, really loud, and I had my hair dyed green. I don't mind the nickname, it got old pretty fast. I'm either referred to as a leprechaun or Jack, I really hate it though if anyone were to call me by my real name, Sean. I don't hate it, it is a lovely name but it's just not me.

After getting ready I walked out the door and started heading towards school, "bye, Ma!" I shouted. I saw someone exit the house across the street, must be the new neighbors. He walked with his head down and his hair covered, but I could still recognize some red strands. Despite the distance I could her a few whimpers full of agony. I was going to confront him and try to comfort him but decided it was best to leave him alone, since I didn't want to start any problems.

"Leprechaun!"
"Meatball!"
I embraced Felix, my Swedish friend, into a hug.
"How've you been? Are you nervous for this year?"
"Hell no! This years gonna be great, if we focus on our studies, of course.
Felix punched my arm lightly, "Good ol' Jack, but seriously we should try to submerge ourselves into the party life."
"Eh, well-," the bell for the beginning of school rang and ended our conversation, "bye Felix, gotta go." Honestly, the party life isn't for me, ironically I like peace and quiet. Besides I knew those parties would have those types of girls that try to hook up with everyone and anyone. Which is totally fine, they can live their life how they want, but I really want someone that I can have a relationship with. On the way to first period I saw the red-haired kid slowly walking to class, I wondered if we would have any classes together...

Then came Lunch time, I sat at a table with Felix, Ken, Wade, and Bob, some of my closest friends.
F: "Did you see that crazy math teacher in second period she gave me the heebie jeebies," with that he shuddered.
W: "Well at least you don't have a class with Bob, he asked me for five pencils before the tardy bell even rang."
B: "Hey, I just wanted to make sure I would have enough pencils so that you can borrow them back throughout the year."
W: "That doesn't even make any sense!"
K: "Your face doesn't make any sense."
J: "Boom, roasted!"
The table erupted into laughter with a couple pats on Wade's back, to make sure he didn't take any offense. With that the bell rang signaling for class. We said our goodbyes and separated.

Ugh, finally, the last class of the day. Thankfully it was art so it would be fairly easy. I sat in the farthest back seat that was nearest the windows, I knew I could focus and be inspired back here. After a while the room started to fill up leaving an empty seat next to me, since the tables were for pairs. I didn't mind, I wasn't hurt, but it would be great to have someone to help criticize my pieces. With that thought in walked the red-haired boy, he seemed uneasy since the room was full. Just then the teacher walked in and instructed him to take the seat next to me. "Today class we will be..." I couldn't focus on the teacher, as the boy sat next to me.
I gave him a smile, "Hey, I'm Jack, nice to meet you."
He grunted in acknowledgment.
After a while of sketching eyeballs I felt his phone buzz on the table, he picked his phone up and checked it. He immediately asked to leave the room, the teacher said yes, and he ran out leaving his phone face up within my sight.
I gasped as I read the message.

DONT ANSWER: Why do you always move away, you know I always find you, baby, I'll make you pay <3

Mark

The first day of school wasn't so bad. When I left for school in the morning I was full of so much sadness, he kept contacted me, but I could never bring myself to block his number, why? Nobody questioned my hair, I don't know what to take that as. But as long as I wasn't pushed to the ground, like every first day at a new school I had gone to, it was fine. The day was mostly boring. Each class had a teacher giving you rules of the classroom, hopes for the end of the year, and papers for our parents to sign. I sat alone at lunch in the library, not even bothering to eat. I was only halfway done with the day and there might still be a chance of someone wanting to punch the lunch out of me.

It was the last class of the day, art, I'm not good but it's great to have it at the end of the day. I walked in to a nearly full class, I didn't notice anyone looking at me funny. Then the teacher asked me to sit next to the green haired kid. Maybe he's the reason colored hair isn't questioned at this school, what a relief. "Today class we will be starting off with-." That's all I heard before the green kid next to me spoke. "Hey, I'm Jack, nice to meet you." I grunted since he was the first one to directly talk to me today, and I wasn't sure on how else to react.

After a while of sketching boxes my phone buzzed in my table. I read the text and immediately excused myself from the room. I ran into the bathroom and started crying. When I started to calm down I realized I had left my phone in class to where Jack could see it. I fell in into a pit of despair and let silent streams fall out of my eyes. 'Great now he'll judge me, spread the word and I'll have to move away again. Why, why me? Why can't he leave me alone!'