Bonus Chapter

"Thanks for treating my wounds for me, Shirayuki." I smiled at her warmly. Once I had told her about the ones on my leg, she immediately rushed me to the room she was staying at so she could treat it. I told her not to worry, it was nothing to fuss about but she insisted in case they could turn into permanent scars.

"It's really no problem at all." She smiled continuing to wrap a bandage around my shins. "By the way, if you don't me asking.. the large one across Obi's chest.."

A memory flooded my mind. "H-he didn't get it treated?"

"No.."

"I see." I smiled looking out her bedroom window and watched the stars glisten like tiny diamonds in the abyss of a velvet blue darkness, covering the world like a blanket tightly wrapped around a small child. "You know who Torou is, I'm sure. Obi said you have met her." Shirayuki nodded in reply.

"It was a long time ago, Torou had found us a rather tedious job but with a large reward. It was just her, Obi and I; since the other two members of our group had parted ways with us a few months ago. I don't exactly remember the job itself all that clearly, just the fact that Obi and I had a fight a couple of days before taking it on." I explained to her and she listened carefully with an intrigued expression.

"He was heavily injured during it, and since our mission failed and we were lacking in funds, he refused for us to go to a doctor, reassuring us he was fine." I sighed, the picture in my head becoming more clear. "Then, he collapsed while we were trying to make our way back.

"Once he finally was able to stand he gave us a grin while saying he would meet us back at the cabin we stayed in, disappearing into some trees."

I turned my head and looked at the wall. "He never came back."

"I spent days, which turned into weeks and then into months looking for him.. but he was gone. I presumed he was dead, even though Torou kept stating he was alive since it was him after all.."

"-I've said too much." I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm not an expert at talking to others in general. Especially things like this.."

Shirayuki turned to me with a wide smile. "It's alright, you finally found him didn't you?"

I sighed, the tips of my lips tipping upwards "I did."