Chapter 32 - Her Realisation

"What do you mean she ran away?" The boy stated and smashed his cup of beer onto the table. His fire-like hair began to sway as a wind brushed past his face, glancing at the window watching the dark winter clouds weeping tears of glistening rain. Next to him sat another redhead, but of the opposite gender. In her small pale hands was a porcelain teacup, and she took a quick sip from the corner, then calmly placing it back down on the matching saucer.

She turns to the stressed cat-like man that sat in front of them. "What exactly happened?" Akiya asks, her voice was full of concern, but the self-possessed girl was completely still, unlike the man next to her who was struggling to keep his composure.

"I don't know."

"Some brats from South Wing." A voice chimed in, and they turned their heads to see a green haired boy, a stern look painted across his face. "Apparently according to some rumours, they've been bullying her for a long time."

"Bullying?" Obi questions, Hideki with an expression showing that he was just puzzled. "She doesn't seem like the type who would put up with that crap."

"Damn South Wing bastards, just because they're older doesn't mean they can treat us like shit! Imma beat the living crap out of them! " Hideki mumbles, slightly drunk.

Akiya looks at her drunk comrade and shakes her head, sighing. She pulls herself to her feet, talking to all three of them. "Alright, we need to find her. I'll take this drunkard to his room and alert my mum and dad to send a search party." She explains. "Obi, you start looking for her, already."

The cat-like man remains silent, nodding in response. He was slightly tense be remained perfectly calm. They thanked the green-haired boy before splitting ways, Obi disappearing into the dark abyss of the night.

"Akiya, let go of me! I should be the one looking for her!"

Not a single star, even the moon could be seen through the churlish clouds, and the wind begins to whip up into a frenzy. Trees swayed left and right, dancing to the whistle of the wind.

However, Obi was not faltered by these conditions, not even the freezing temperature. His face had a blank expression now, and he tried to focus his vision that was beginning to blur from the rain pounding from the sky and dripping from his brown hair stuck to his forehead.

Amber eyes gleaming, he jumped from branch to branch in the forest that surrounded the training camp, darkness seeped through the tree as the air began to thicken, making it harder for Obi to breathe.

Then, he finally came accross the girl sitting in a small field near the edge of the forest. For a moment, he hesitated to jump of the tree and walk towards her, as she leaned her back against her rucksack, hugging her knees.

Finally he gathered the courage to walk towards her, and silently jumped onto the ground. However, the girl's head popped up and turned in his direction, for a few moments trying to figure out who the blurry figure was.

"What are you doing out here?" Obi asked, voice just about loud enough for her to hear over the booming sound of the rain splattering on the ground.

They were both soaking, Obi growing slightly agitated from the water. Moments of silence filled the air between them, only hearing the rain fall heavily into their heads. Obi tucked his hands into his jacket pocket, hood over his head. "Will running away really solve anything?"

The girl remained silent, staring at him as he walked even closer and sat down next to her, who was shivering and rubbing her bare. He took of his black jacket and made a clicking sound with his tongue, before wrapping the jacket around her, and the hood over her head.  He placed an arm around her shoulders and crushed her head on his chest, trying to comfort her.