NINE

"The worst thing in life is watching the person you love, love someone else

"The worst thing in life is watching the person you love, love someone else. What hurts even more is to find out that the person you love, loves you too."
{unknown}

//

"Lexie, did you have fun at your parent's wedding?" Dr. Shetland asked, once again bringing up my family.

I nodded my head and smiled, recalling the memory. "We were all so happy back then. Dr. Shetland, will I ever get married and be happy?"

Dr. Shetland shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, Lexie, but I hope you are happy soon. And, if you ever get married, promise you'd invite me to your wedding."

I chuckled. "I promise, but I doubt that I'll ever get married. Everyone thinks I'm weird."

//

"YOU READY, LEX? We have to be at the wedding earlier than everyone else since you're the maid of honor." JJ spoke, fixing his tie in the mirror.

No, I'm not ready to see the first guy I actually have a crush on marry my sister.

"All ready!" I chirped.

JJ gave me a weird look. "You're being extremely happy right now considering the circumstances."

"I'm happy for Soda. If he's happy, then I'm happy." I lightly smiled, and JJ shook his head.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to agree with Dr. Shetland on something, but Lexie, if you have feelings for him, tell him! You can't keep your feelings bottled up. It's literally making me sick seeing you like this."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So, it makes you sick seeing me happy?"

"You are not happy, Lexie! Hell, us two don't even know what that word means because we haven't experienced happiness before!"

"I know what I feel, JJ, and I don't need you telling me how I feel. You'd be happy if I was happy wouldn't you?" I questioned, my voice soft.

He nodded his head.

"Well, it's the same for Soda. If he's happy, then I'm happy for him. Because we're best friends." I explained, emphasizing the word 'best friends.'

"Whatever, let's just get this stupid thing over with." JJ mumbled, leading me into the living room.

When we entered, Steve smiled. "There's my partner!"

Steve is Soda's best man, so I have to walk down the aisle with him. I looked over and saw Soda. He was staring at me, wide-eyed, but when I turned to look at him, he looked away and walked out the door, not even saying anything.