FOURTEEN

"It's about who you miss at 2 in the afternoon when you're busy, not 2 in the morning when you're lonely

"It's about who you miss at 2 in the afternoon when you're busy, not 2 in the morning when you're lonely."
{unknown}

//

I FELT MY stomach drop and I couldn't form any words to speak. Soda waited patiently for me to answer, a nervous expression on his face.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said th-"

"Say it again."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I like you, Lexie. A lot."

A huge grin was plastered on my face. "I like you too, Sodapop."

Relief washed over his face and I ran into his arms, hugging him.

"Well, well, well what do we have here? Two love birds?" Dally's drunk voice came from behind us, causing me to giggle.

Soda let out a light chuckle. "Where you been, Dal?"

"My home." He rolled his eyes.

"Where's 'home' at?" I questioned.

"The bar." He laughed as he held up a beer bottle, swinging it back and forth.

He went inside and that left just Soda and me. It was silent. A comfortable silence, though.

Soda muttered a curse word under his breath and I turned to him, giving him a confused look. "What?"

"I shouldn't have told you that. Sandy has spies everywhere, believe it or not. If she finds out about this, she'll do something. I just know it."

"Speak of the devil." I whispered as Sandy strutted up to the porch.

I turned to Soda. "I don't like you, Soda. I never have and I've always just thought of you as a brother." I snapped.

He looked hurt, and Sandy had a look of satisfaction on her face. "Don't worry baby, I'll always love you." She kissed his cheek, making me cringe.

I walked inside, tears streaming down my face. Why am I crying so much tonight?

"I thought you didn't know how to cry." Dally knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

I shook my head, wiping my tears away. "I didn't know how to cry until I met him."