SIX

"Best way to not get your heart broken, is pretend you don't have one

"Best way to not get your heart broken, is pretend you don't have one."
{Charlie Sheen}

//

"You sit down and listen to me before I chain you to the bed!" The Nurse screamed in my face.

"But I don't want to take those pills! I don't need them!" I started getting even more upset. I don't want to get chained to the bed. I won't be able to move at all.

"You DO need them, you psycho! That's why you're in this place!" She spat, grabbing the chains.

I shook my head repeatedly. "No, no, no, no. Please don't chain me to the bed. I like to move around and write my lists."

She chuckled. It was an evil chuckle, and I didn't like it one bit. I kicked and screamed as she chained me to the bed. I couldn't move any limbs in my body, and I was starting to have a panic attack.

"I-I c-can't breathe!" I barely choked out the words, but the Nurse ignored me, walking out the door.

I started yelling and I could feel my throat closing. It felt like my lungs were getting attacked. Suddenly, I heard a door swing open and a boy appeared in front of me. He picked the lock and freed me from the chains, throwing me my inhaler that was laying on my nightstand.

After I calmed down, I took a deep breath and grinned up at him. "Thank you so much. You saved me."

He chuckled and swatted his hand away, dismissing my comment. "I'm JJ, what's your name?"

"Lexie." I spoke, shaking his hand.

He sat next to me on the bed and smiled. "I'm gonna call you, Lex. And you know what, Lex? I think we're going to be best friends."

//

I SAT BACK up in my bed again. I escaped from the place, yet it always finds its way back to me.

I still remember Steve coming in my room last night. Did I really like Soda?

I just met him, I surely just could've been dying.

Yeah, I'm going to go with that.

JJ entered my room and tackled me, scaring me half to death. "Lex! Do you know what day it is?"

I grinned and threw my hands up in the air. "Our friendaversary!"

(yes, I am aware friendaversary is not a word, but you know what? when it comes to Lex and JJ's friendship you do whatever you want)